What valves

Narcosynthesis

• Members

I hear nothing but good from here.

http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm

When you hear about people using jj's, this is it. I dealt with the guy and found him to be very knowledgeable and nice. He explained things alot to me, and didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking. What he promised he delivered, I can ask no more.

Oh, and I liked the auto sig, made me chuckle.

• Members

Originally posted by Lump

I hear nothing but good from here.

When you hear about people using jj's, this is it. I dealt with the guy and found him to be very knowledgeable and nice. He explained things alot to me, and didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking. What he promised he delivered, I can ask no more.

Oh, and I liked the auto sig, made me chuckle.

Everything this guys said is true but a lot of it depends on what sound you're going for.

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

Everything this guys said is true but a lot of it depends on what sound you're going for.

EVERYTHING I'VE SAID IS TRUE? HOLY CRAP, I'M IN TROUBLE.....OHHHHH WAIT, YOU JUST MEANT ABOUT THE TUBES. ;)

• Members

Seriously I would ask them directly. Tube quality changes from batch to batch (no matter if EH, JJ, Sovtek and so on). All I know is that their own brand (Harma, right?) may be probably constantly on a high quality level (cause they just switch to a different source if needed) - at least what I`ve heard from customers of Watford. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by math2014

Hmm they do nice upgrade kits as well

Celestion Heritage + 4xEL84 +4xECC83 for 100GBP.... thats not bad

I just wonder if the speaker and valves are a worthy upgrade vs Celestion 70-80 speaker and TAD valves.

i never noticed the kits (actually i did, i saw the fender kits, but passed them over when i realised they were speaker/valves and not a full amp kit ;))

i would love to get a greenback for the amp, for some proper vintage style rock sounds, but the greenback dosent come in a high enough wattage for the amp (1x12 combo - 40 watts) a vintage 30 looks pretty nice though...

David

• Members
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

i never noticed the kits (actually i did, i saw the fender kits, but passed them over when i realised they were speaker/valves and not a full amp kit
;)
)

i would love to get a greenback for the amp, for some proper vintage style rock sounds, but the greenback dosent come in a high enough wattage for the amp (1x12 combo - 40 watts) a vintage 30 looks pretty nice though...

David

Hmm they sell the Heritage 30 in the Laney LC30 upgrade kit... strange... a 30W speaker for a 30W amp... :confused: :confused:

Archived