Should I see Yngwie or George Lynch tonight?

rbone100

• Members

Yngwie and George Lynch are both playing in the Philadelphia area tonight. I saw Lynch last time at the Pirates Den--A very small club in NJ. There was about 75-100 people there and it was an amazing show. I even got to meet and hang out with him.

Yngwie is playing at the TLA on South Street. There will be about 2k people there. Tickets were sold in advance before the Lynch show was announced so I assume that alot of people that would have gone to see Lynch already bought a ticket for Yngwie because the Yngwie date was announced 2 months in advance. The Lynch show was announced 2 weeks ago.

IMHO, Lynch is the man!

Why couldn't they be playing together!?!?!?

I am so confused??:confused:

• Members

I am a huge Lynch fan and I have been for a long time. With that being said, I saw Yngwie a couple weeks ago and he is playing very well right now. Rumor has it that he stopped drinking and is much more consistent. All that I know is that he was flawless and really incredible to watch. None of the asshole bad attitude that he has been attributed to in recent years. All smiles and and lots of picks into the crowd.

Lynch always amazes me too and I am disappointed that he is not stopping by my area on the short run that he is on but I have witnessed Lynch about 9 times live and Yngwie only 2.

YMMV but I would take Yngwie.

• Members

The TLA needs to be about 25 times larger to accomdate Yngwie's volume! I was going to go to that show, but decided against it after hearing him in Allentown, Lynch Mob opened BTW, and wishing I wasn't @ the gig. GAWD Yngwie was loud that night... like God's scream loud.

I'd go with Lynch simply because he's not given the proper respect he deserves.

Derek

• Members

Malmsteen treated Lynch like a peice of {censored} on the last tour they did together. Its all in the VIntage Guitar Player magazine. I like yngwie style but I would fgo see lynch. I think listening to some Dokken tunes would get me in a good mood over listening to Ybgwie just making my ears bleed with all his amps on 10 at a 200 seat club which he is notorious for !
Lynch +1

• Members

I just saw Yngwie over the Holiday weekend and it was his best show by far (I have seen Yngwie more then a dozen times over the years and this show just killed)

Yngwie seemed to change his attitude on this tour and his playing was {censored}ing phenominal. I actually did not want to go to any of his shows being that I have seen him many times before but my friend bought me a ticket as a gift. That said I am glad that he forced me to go becuase the show was amazing.
Yngwie was on fire. He just went the extra mile on this tour IMHO.

I must say that I usually agree with everyone that Yngwie usually sand blasts his audiance with volume but he did not kill me on this tour... I was shocked.. Yes it was loud but not crazy loud like he used to play!!

All in all... I have always been a lynch fan and I absolutely hate Yngwie as a human being....but I think that Lynch is very boring live. I have also recorded lynch live a few times and after listening back to what he played.. it was pretty much {censored} IMHO.

My vote would have to be for Yngwie because it is the better of the shows IMHO. I also think that you will get more for your money with Yngwie and that is comming from a Lynchhead lol!!

• Members

I caught Yngwie at Berklee last night and the show was GREAT!! :thu::thu: His playing was AMAZING, and Yng, a joy to watch rip it up. :eek: Even ran into my old teacher, shred master Joe Stump, and he wholeheartedly agreed this was the best Yngwie show in years (decades?)

This has got to be THE comeback tour of 2005!

• Members

Originally posted by chrisman926

lynch, no contest

+1

I've seen both. I've seen guys that play like Yngwie (Joe Stump) but I've never seen anyone like Lynch. Last time I saw Malmsteen (I've seen him 6 times) he was very sloppy.

Lynch = genuine

Malmsteen = ego gets in the way

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

I've seen both. I've seen guys that play like Yngwie (Joe Stump) but I've never seen anyone like Lynch. Last time I saw Malmsteen (I've seen him 6 times) he was very sloppy.

Lynch = genuine

Malmsteen = ego gets in the way

Normally, I would have agreed with you, but Yngwie's playing was flawless last night. Like Ralphie noted, "on fire!" And it seems like he's lost some of the ego and replaced it with the drive to re-kindle his musicianship.

• Members

I really think that YM's attitude has been adjusted. I watched the Cincy show by the soundboard and the mix was just the way that I like it. Guitar was clear as a bell and the vocals were down a little bit. Not too loud by any means.

I am a huge Lynch guy but Malmsteen has been practicing and I think that George has lost a step. It kills me to say it but I have been thinking that for years now.

Archived