wow.. apple is getting... affordable?

• Members

Logic on pc worked great (and sounddiver support) and when it switched to mac only I was pissed and waited 5 years to switch and had to save up.. Both bill and Steve are douch bags and routinely {censored} over their customers in favor of bottom line. How could the mbp 17" suddenly become $300 cheaper? Because it was wayy overpriced to begin with! Same with the other mbps.
2 reasons apple is the lesser of 2 evils:
1) is more functional for what i do (logic) with NO downtime. I'm really not interested in computer science and wasting my life learning/fixing something that should have been done right 10 years ago
2) has aggressively priced warantees and stand behind their hardware. When my 2006 mbp 17" was flaking I called customer relations, they sent me a brand new umbp 17" in 2 hours was up & running (the only service I ever had to do on the machine) no questions asked.

Apple is has a harsh buy in buy after that it's all gravy. Ironically now that I've been using top of the line laptops for 3 years I'm moving to a mostly hardware synth set up go figure:evil:.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you know what? i use my macbook to play stuff on my tv all the time. macbooks come with a little remote control that's not only preconfigured for apple stuff like itunes & dvd player, but it also works preconfigured to VLC, my primary player app. never had to use so much as a setup menu, preferences, instructions, anything.

i love that kind of stuff about the macbook. many macbook owners don't even realize that the headphone jack also doubles as a mini-toslink digital audio optical output and the mic jack doubles as a mini-toslink optical input; even fewer windows users realize it. that means i can send digital audio output of my laptop right into my studio's motu interface to audition stuff with a single optical cable for perfect quality rather than some crap 1/8" stereo miniplug- all while leaving my main computer in control of the interface. i also like not having fundamental {censored} as add-ons to the laptop like bluetooth, wifi, a build-in camera.

• Members
May I suggest you make the title include the word "laptop" in it, but sure I'm handy. A little ductape and white paint and you've got a mac baby!:poke:

next time you see an industrial designer, tell him/her that you think mac laptops are just off the shelf parts and duct tape.

i dare you :lol:

seriously though, MBPs are surprisingly solid.

Archived