Omg, The Song "boyfriend" By AS Isn't That Bad......

baron85

• Members

Do I lose all credibility if I admit that I like the song Boyfriend by Ashlee Simpson? That if Franz Ferdinand had done it, the song would have been a huge hit and everyone would have liked it? Is this wrong? Do I need help?

Because If I do, I'll probably disavow this thread and never admit that it happened.

Ugh, I feel dirty or something . . .

• Members

hey man, I don't think she's hot . . . and this has never before happened to me. It's not like I enjoy any of her other songs. It's one of those "oh {censored}, this must be a really bad day" moments . . .

Sorry fellas for dragging you into my nightmare, but I had to get this off my chest . . .

• Members

I'd marry the crap out of that girl in a heartbeat. Unfortunately when you get her wicked drunk she'll start showing everyone her boobs. She was supposed to play Syracuse, NY tonight (my friend was the promoter) but her people are sketchy. Her guitar player, Braxton, is a very rad dude though. She also has ex-members of Saosin. Oh yeah, I like her music too (minus the new single) I don't give a {censored}, I'm still pseudo-metal.

• Members

I don't see why people run away from pop music like this.

SHE didn't write the songs and I'd be willing to bet she had little say in the final product other than some lyrics.

Most pop artists have real pros whos job is just to make solid catchy pop songs....that's a real skill if you ask me....I don't care who ends up singing it.

• Members

Ass Lee Simpson is the poster child for just about everything that is wrong with pop music today. She is a software engineered singer that is programmed to make money for people. She is not a person, she is a marketing project - nothing more. I actually feel sorry for her....but not enough to spend one red cent on anything with her name on it.

• Members

I can't stand it. Does her voice even go beyond an octave for the entire song? And it is SO processed! That's got to be one of the most digital sounding voicejobs on MTV. Pitch correction out the wazoo.

The guitar tones do seem a little cool to me but they were compressed so much that it doesn't have any of the "garage" or "classic rock" feel the songwriters were going for.

Let's not forget that Ashlee Simpson is the biggest pile of crap they've churned out yet. I mean she PROVED on public television that she isn't even talented enough to lipsync. Yet they pay the networks and advertise enough and she's still on the top of the charts.

{censored}. I hate mainstream music.

• Members

Ass Lee Simpson is the poster child for just about everything that is wrong with pop music today. She is a software engineered singer that is programmed to make money for people. She is not a person, she is a marketing project - nothing more. I actually feel sorry for her....but not enough to spend one red cent on anything with her name on it.

I totally agree. And yet somehow, I like that song. That's why I whip myself with bamboo rods every night to cleanse myself from my dirty, low-down corporate marketing-susceptible mind.

Seriously, somebody has to agree that if a band like Franz Ferdinand (who I think it sounds eerily similar to - change it to "Girlfriend") could have made a hit out of that song. And people like you and me wouldn't have felt bad about liking it.

• Members

Originally posted by baron85

I totally agree. And yet somehow, I like that song. That's why I whip myself with bamboo rods every night to cleanse myself from my dirty, low-down corporate marketing-susceptible mind.

Of course she gets good songs - her handlers see to that. If you sell a couple of million CD's you get lot's of great songs to choose from. It's a good song wasted on a small talent singer....

• Members

I'm telling you, everything else I've ever heard from her IS marginal. If you think she's got, you'll like the video, I guess...not my taste, really. If I wanted a really hot pop star, I'd probably go with pretty much any major female country singer (except Gretchen Wilson, ugh).

lol, what a dumb thread...

• Members

Originally posted by baron85

Seriously, somebody has to agree that if a band like Franz Ferdinand (who I think it sounds eerily similar to - change it to "Girlfriend") could have made a hit out of that song.

Dude, Franz Ferdinand?! change it to "Girlfriend"?!? You're perfectly ok leaving it as Boyfriend, I'm not being homophobic or using it as an insult, but those guys are fruitier than fruit... read the lyrics

• Members
Originally posted by DenverDave

Crotchety old bastard.

I'll bet while you were typing this you took a break to shout out the window: "get off my lawn you damn kids!"

;)

That said, I like "La La" better.

Archived