Peavey transtube supreme XL 100 watts

DeClo

• Members

Originally posted by DeClo

One on my friend decided to sell head-cab Peavey Transtube supreme XL 100watts. He is asking 500$ canadian for the whole set.

Is this a good deal and can I get good sound out of it?

I'd read the HC reviews for it:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Peavey/Supreme_XL_Head-1.html

May not be a bad deal for the cab, too, but someone was offering a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 watt tube head and a cab (not sure what the cab model/brand is) for $500, as well (though in U.S. $, and I'm not sure what the equivelant for Canadian is). The Ultra Plus is my main head, and I'd definitely take it over a SS head unless I was only going to play death metal; then I'd probably go for the Ampeg VH140C, a (edit: ) Randall, or a Marshall 8100 SS amp.

If you don't like the idea of paying and waiting on shipping, that may be a good deal. Good luck~! :cool:

• Members

That would me my first real AMP.

Im using a Peavey studio pro 112 right now.

I'm playing metal, but also ACDC, Pennwise, Nirvana.

I've read the review, they are good.

I don't understand why this head is selling so cheap on ebay?

Will see, thanks for your reply man.

• Members

Originally posted by DeClo

That would me my first real AMP.

Im using a Peavey studio pro 112 right now.

I'm playing metal, but also ACDC, Pennwise, Nirvana.

I've read the review, they are good.

I don't understand why this head is selling so cheap on ebay?

Will see, thanks for your reply man.

The Ultra Plus is selling for really cheap, as well, and it works fine for what I like. I think it just depends on what you will think of the amp yourself. It might be a good idea to bring your own guitar and any effects you like to use and see how they sound with the amp before paying for it, and I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you like it a lot better than your 112 amp, even if it seems kinda' awkward to say no to the seller. Hopefully it'll sound good to you after a little tweaking~!

Archived