I need money

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Money? Heck you're prime for credit at your young age! Get a VISA! Just kidding... sad part though is it's possible. Hard to make a lot of money at 14 if you ask me, but I'm almost 3 times that age and have no idea what it's like out there now for that age. The pet sitting idea is excellent though. My wife & I hired a pet sitter for a week once. - J.

• Members

This is true. Since they were openly hunted in the late 70's and early 80's, the mime population never regained a strong foothold again.

There is a burgeoning underground movement making a comeback in West Pittsburgh Underground and in the ghettos of Kansas City. If you want to see it you have to know a guy, and it's not always safe, but it is street mimery at it's most raw and edgy. Well worth the risk. Note that they frown at bringing cameras. They never say you can't take photographs, but they do actually frown.

• Members

There is a burgeoning underground movement making a comeback in West Pittsburgh Underground and in the ghettos of Kansas City. If you want to see it you have to know a guy, and it's not always safe, but it is street mimery at it's most raw and edgy. Well worth the risk. Note that they frown at bringing cameras. They never say you can't take photographs, but they do actually frown.

they can't physically intervene, though, because they are stuck inside their invisible box. :mad:

• Members

Why not? Some kids are very intelligent, respectful, and mature. Just like some adults
;)

Take at the look at the lives of people like Warren Buffet and you will find that they started out as "go-getters" and hard workers when they were kids. Buffet figured out how to make more money by getting other kids to work for him pretty early on.

Start pet-sitting, lawn mowing, grocery or laundry delivery and/or pick-up, or something like that, get a few clients, find another kid you trust and bring him or her into the loop, take a cut of the base fee before paying them (let them keep any tips though), keep them on if they do a good job and don't hire them back if they don't, and pretty soon you are running a business.

I'm dubious of a 13 yo responding with "Thanks, that was a really well thought out post"

• Members

The advice about practicing and studying is probably the one that will get you the furthest, if you focus.

The one thing you cannot buy is chops. The other is understanding.

Studying does not need to be a grind. Merely reading over what you learned earlier in the day and making sure you understand everything you read and looking it up if you don't is about the most efficient method of studying I have ever come across, and this is from someone who hated to study when he was a youth. It is not how many hours you spend at something, it is the amount of attention you pay to it while doing it.

Now, having lived in Upstate NY for a long time, I know what you mean by "not being able to go up to people's houses" because the next neighbor might be a mile away.

• Members

I don't know how to make money.

I do know that to be a great musician it's important at some point in life to spend a ridiculous amount of time practicing your instrument. As a youth I got in enough practice to be a good player before I had to start earning a living, but now it's hard to find the time to spend in the woodshed. A few more years of serious practice would have put me on another level entirely.

Practice a lot while you still can!

• Members

I don't know how to make money.

I do know that to be a
great
musician it's important at some point in life to spend a ridiculous amount of time practicing your instrument. As a youth I got in enough practice to be a
good
player before I had to start earning a living, but now it's hard to find the time to spend in the woodshed. A few more years of serious practice would have put me on another level entirely.

Practice a lot while you still can!

I do :)

Archived