Weber attenuators. Who's got one?

rog951

• Members

Okay, so Weber has all these different attenuation products on their site. Some are resistive loads like the others on the market, but some supposedly have a speaker motor in them instead. Interesting. :idea:

Anyway, anybody use any of their attenuation products? The prices are sure better than THDs and the others out there. Just wondering what the "catch" might be...

:confused:

• Members

I started with the eMiniMass (review w/ clips but it died. Weber must not be making them any more because the y sent me a 25 watt Mini Mass - great customer service btw.

Plan on writing a review of the Mini Mass today with new sound clips. Mainly because after talking with Ted I found out I can set the MiniMass to 4 ohms, connect it to my Fender Champ (RCA speaker connections) then plug my 8ohm Boogie 4x10 can into the MiniMass. This should sound very interesting.

I'll post the link when I finish this afternoon.

• Members

Originally posted by ned911

I started with the eMiniMass (
review w/ clips
but it died. Weber must not be making them any more because the y sent me a 25 watt Mini Mass - great customer service btw.

Plan on writing a review of the Mini Mass today with new sound clips. Mainly because after talking with Ted I found out I can set the MiniMass to 4 ohms, connect it to my Fender Champ (RCA speaker connections) then plug my 8ohm Boogie 4x10 can into the MiniMass. This should sound very interesting.

I'll post the link when I finish this afternoon.

Hey, nice review! Not a good sign that the unit crapped out though. At least you got it replaced; sounds like they stand behind their stuff. I've bought a few raw speakers from Weber and have always been happy, but hadn't needed any service after the sale.

I see you're a 911 guy? As I'm sure my username gave away, I used to be a 944 turbo guy. Finally got tired of emptying my wallet constantly and went rice (Infiniti G35 6MT) for dependability. Lord forgive me! ;) I expect I'll end up with a boosted 911 before it's over though. That turbo P-car bug is still lurking in there somewhere...

• Members

I have the original first run MASS w/ speaker motor & use it with my Vox Pathfinder v101 clone most everyday, does it's job very well, sometimes I run that 5-7 watt unit into my Marshall 4x10 cab's & use a boost to slam the front & that w/ volume on amp maxed, results are very sweet indeed.

• Members

I had the MiniMass. I preferred it over the HotPlate for my needs---cheaper too! :thu:

I used mine with a 12 watt Spitfire clone with Keeley BD-2 pushing the amp. I could get some thick, rich tones without being overly loud. My basement has a kewl natural echo/reverb, but you can't play overly loud as it also seems to over-amplify everything you play. I can't even play my stereo past 2 without it being too loud.

Anyhoo, back to subject, the MiniMass was a good purchase for me. Weber products are well-built and they do have great customer service. I've purchased several Weber speakers as well. Weber also seems to continue to improve their products which I think is nice. They don't settle for a product and run it for years, THEN decide to improve it. Don't know if this is the case, but it seems like it. Progress is good!

Archived