Advice: Studio Furniture

akliner

• Members

I like the Quiklok stuff; I have a pair of Z stands, a rolling rack and their big Z-600 desk (although the desk isn't working out for me).

***BEWARE***

Quiklok's factory packaging is absolutely terrible. Nearly every piece I've received has gotten banged-up to some degree, from 3 different retailers. They don't immobolize the pieces in their boxes well enough and the heavy steel pieces slide around, sometimes working their way out of their cheap, flimsy cardboard boxes.

If you order any, keep an eye out for damage when you receive it and notify your retailer immediately if there's something broken.

• Members

I use an Ikea FREKDRIK computer workstation as my main desk and really like it. The middle shelf can be set to whatever height you want - I have it down low, where it holds my LCD and monitors at head-height, allowing plenty of room for MD, MNM and other gear underneath (where they stow away safely when not in use). Also allows for storage up high for things like manuals, gear you don't always use, whatever.

73004_PE189258_S3.jpg

It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than these studio-specific pieces people are suggesting, and can probably be found used in a big city like Chicago.

Archived