***NEW YEARS BLUeSY JAM***

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
music.mp3lizard.com/dave_lantz

I don't know how to link directly, so it's the magma jam one.

I hope mine is okay :freak:

I've only been playing 2 years, see what you guys thing. Anyway it's a great track, Randy, tell your friend that, I really enjoyed playing on it. :thu:

Oh yeah, I was playing a Fender MIM Strat > POD XT Live > Logic Express.. and I was using a Twin model with a RAT on the Pod.

• Members
Originally posted by Patrickjp

fantastic track guys.. I'm really diggin this one

I did this pretty quick, hope you enjoy

Cornford rk100>>>Gibby LP classic>> Boggie 4x12

RVS NYjamn

I dig it!!!
I saw that you left the sax solo in place, I soloed all over the guy myself (I'm an ass, I know :D)
Loved the tone and the delay, fits right in.

:cool: :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

I hope mine is okay
:freak:

I've only been playing 2 years, see what you guys thing. Anyway it's a great track, Randy, tell your friend that, I really enjoyed playing on it.
:thu:

Oh yeah, I was playing a Fender MIM Strat > POD XT Live > Logic Express.. and I was using a Twin model with a RAT on the Pod.

Very nice! I certainly could not play like after 2 years, good job!

• Members

I hope mine is okay

I've only been playing 2 years, see what you guys thing. Anyway it's a great track, Randy, tell your friend that, I really enjoyed playing on it.

Only playing for 2 years? :eek: ...great take!

I'll pass what you said on to my friend... ;)

• Members

I hope mine is okay

Cool man! Thanks a lot. I am the drummer that plays on the track. We have some more and I'll see if I can post some more. I appreciate your comments and really like your jam on the track. Happy New Year!

FYI - The original tune is done by The Stylistics called "People Make The World Go Round", our take is more like the cover by Freddie Hubbard and Stanley Turrentine on the Live Volume I album, and we renamed it "Magma"

• Moderators

Allright... so i downloaded this AMAZINGLY COOL backing track, and without even really listening to it i just went for it TOTALLY blind.... ok i read that someone said something about F ;) Did a take, took a listen, said "surely i could do better than that now that i know what the track is about..."... and i couldn't :D

My totally blind take

• Members
Originally posted by Farmer G

Cool man! Thanks a lot. I am the drummer that plays on the track. We have some more and I'll see if I can post some more. I appreciate your comments and really like your jam on the track. Happy New Year!

FYI - The original tune is done by The Stylistics called "People Make The World Go Round", our take is more like the cover by Freddie Hubbard and Stanley Turrentine on the Live Volume I album, and we renamed it "Magma"

Very cool. The drumming was superb, especially how everything intensified through the solo section. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Red Ant

Allright... so i downloaded this AMAZINGLY COOL backing track, and without even really listening to it i just went for it TOTALLY blind.... ok i read that someone said something about F
;)
Did a take, took a listen, said "surely i could do better than that now that i know what the track is about..."... and i couldn't
:D

My totally blind take

That was a great take Anton!
I love that strat sound, the playing is great as well.

Still using Amplitube?
:thu: :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Red Ant

Allright... so i downloaded this AMAZINGLY COOL backing track, and without even really listening to it i just went for it TOTALLY blind.... ok i read that someone said something about F
;)
Did a take, took a listen, said "surely i could do better than that now that i know what the track is about..."... and i couldn't

My totally blind take

Great take Anton...you smoked it actually!

It's good to see you around, hope all is well. :)

• Moderators
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Great take Anton...you smoked it actually!

It's good to see you around, hope all is well.
:)

THanks bro - havent been around much, busy with lots of stuff, but couldnt say no to this awsome backing track! :D

• Members
Originally posted by screamindemon

Cool jam! I really like what all you guys have done.

Here is one from me. The tone sucks I used a Zoom fire pocket amp, it was to late to mike one of my cabs.

Just wanted to participate.

Be kind it's not very good.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=18851

Your solo is not bad at all, good job!

However, that tone is completely awful. Completely. Most of the time people say their tone was bad, and it usually sounds alright, but that was a wicked bad tone.

Good solo though :thu:

Archived