Mark 4 ringing!

ToLiveIsToDie

• Members

Well, when I put the master on around 4 + , there's a screaching ringing noise from the mark IV head when im not touching the strings, and I know that turning the treble and drive down helps prevent this noise, but also looses tone... I would like to enjoy any tone at any volume from this amp without having to turn anything down... How can I prevent this? Also, im not standing too close to the amp and there are different tubes in the outer sockets (not mesa... they're orange-ish). Should I look into noise gates or replacing tubes???

• Members

Originally posted by ToLiveIsToDie

Well, when I put the master on around 4 + , there's a screaching ringing noise from the mark IV head when im not touching the strings, and I know that turning the treble and drive down helps prevent this noise, but also looses tone... I would like to enjoy any tone at any volume from this amp without having to turn anything down... How can I prevent this? Also, im not standing too close to the amp and there are different tubes in the outer sockets (not mesa... they're orange-ish). Should I look into noise gates or replacing tubes???

It's either a tube or take it to a tech. I can put the the master on 10 and there's no problem.

• Members

From my experience, and others I talked, and I believe in the manual it says, at high volumes, to have the pull fat disengaged. I don't know if you have it pulled or not, but it was the first thing that I though of.

Archived