Playing in drop (name note here) tuning is...

pezguy

• Members

"Playing in drop (name note here) tuning is..."

-- A cool way to express musical ideas that cant be executed properly in standard tuning.

-- A good way to get some creative juices flowing if youre caught in a rut.

-- An easier way to play fast chunky chromatic riffing. (while looking at the crowd...)

-- The only way to accurately play many cover songs today.

-- Not a substitute for learning how to REALLY play guitar! :D;):p

• Members

i play in drop c# and still use every bit of my guitars' range, fairly effectively i'd like to think :p

anything above the 22nd fret (equal to your 21st fret if you're in standard) on the high e, i've never had much use for

...but even so, i've got a 24 fretter lying around just incase :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i play in drop c# and still use every bit of my guitars' range, fairly effectively i'd like to think
:p

anything above the 22nd fret (equal to your 21st fret if you're in standard) on the high e, i've never had much use for

...but even so, i've got a 24 fretter lying around just incase
:thu:

BF#BEG#C# ?

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i play in drop c# and still use every bit of my guitars' range, fairly effectively i'd like to think
:p

...but even so, i've got a 24 fretter lying around just incase
:thu:

that's a weird way at looking at it.. cause most people aren't gonna be like "OMG he didn't use that note evar!!" they'll say "OMG he didn't use that fret evar!!"

If you know what I'm trying to say.

• Members

Originally posted by Clypher

that's a weird way at looking at it.. cause most people aren't gonna be like "OMG he didn't use that note evar!!" they'll say "OMG he didn't use that fret evar!!"

If you know what I'm trying to say.

not sure i get what you're saying really

just saying that now all down tuning, chug riffing metal players ONLY do that...i do try to play leads up high sometimes, and it's important to me that the high notes are still there and sound good...if i were going any lower than i do i'd have to have a 7 string just so my high register would still sound right to me

• Members
Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

"Playing in drop (name note here) tuning is..."

-- A cool way to express musical ideas that cant be executed properly in standard tuning.

-- A good way to get some creative juices flowing if youre caught in a rut.

-- An easier way to play fast chunky chromatic riffing. (while looking at the crowd...)

-- The only way to accurately play many cover songs today.

-- Not a substitute for learning how to REALLY play guitar!
:D;):p

+10000000 :thu:

Archived