Happy birthday to MEEEE.........splawn

freakk guitarist

• Members

Originally posted by freakk guitarist

ordered myself a splawn compatition....el34s

woooo hooooo

thease next 5 weeks are gonna be rough!

nice! welcome to the club, my friend =d

if you do a search there's a 'splawn disciples' thread that I started some time ago around here somewhere...lots of posts in it...would be nice to resurrect it =D or just do a search of my name and it should pop up...

what color scheme/panel/case/etc, did you get?

• Members

i got the comp, in the promod case with a white control panel, and white grill, and white piping, black tolex

it was a toss up between that, or black tolex, cane grill and white piping, like a XTC

did you get chicken knobs?

• Members
Originally posted by StevieRaveOn

HOLD THE PHONE!!! What's the Competition? It looks like the QR without the clean!?!?! I'm F'in pissed... that's what I wanted.
:)

Is it the same preamp or is this the lower gain one there was talk of a while back?

Info please, GASsed-up hooker here!

easy tiger..LOL....

it's kinda like a pro stock....no third gear though..and you're right, no clean..

but it does switch between first and second gears via footpedal...

so if you don't need clean OR third gear, it's a good way to go....and you can get it with mullards or kt88's

oh, and it's only 50 watts

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

easy tiger..LOL....

it's kinda like a pro stock....no third gear though..and you're right, no clean..

but it does switch between first and second gears via footpedal...

so if you don't need clean OR third gear, it's a good way to go....and you can get it with mullards or kt88's

oh, and it's only 50 watts

Oh, sweet... I think I've gotten used to the 100watter, but that sounds like a nice setup. That's the one I would have gotten if I didn't already have my QR. I've got an older one with not extra gear stuff, just dual inputs, and it's fine for me. I barely use the gain available with the 2nd gear.

Thanks for the info.

• Members

Oh, sweet... I think I've gotten used to the 100watter, but that sounds like a nice setup. That's the one I would have gotten if I didn't already have my QR. I've got an older one with not extra gear stuff, just dual inputs, and it's fine for me. I barely use the gain available with the 2nd gear.

Thanks for the info.

not a problem! scott's always addin' new and cool stuff...now he's puttin' out 4x12 slant cabs as well if all goes according to plan..he's not one to rest on his laurels..or hardys..tee hee..I made a joke =D

• Members

yup. the compatition is bassicly a 50 watt prostock. only 1 and 2 for gears, and boost on each channel. im gonna love it i think, i must say scott is a great guy, hes very straightforward and id reccomend him to everyone!

and yes, i got chickenhead knobs :D

yeah it is only 50 watts, but im not really playing brutal super loud metal anymore, and im going to be using it as my main studio amp too so. it all works out. great price too

• Members

yup. the compatition is bassicly a 50 watt prostock. only 1 and 2 for gears, and boost on each channel. im gonna love it i think, i must say scott is a great guy, hes very straightforward and id reccomend him to everyone!

and yes, i got chickenhead knobs
:D

yeah it is only 50 watts, but im not really playing brutal super loud metal anymore, and im going to be using it as my main studio amp too so. it all works out. great price too

YESS! CHICKEN KNOBS!! those are what's affectionately (and sometimes venemously) known as the 'shredder options' on the splawn forum...lol

• Members

Ok, anyone with a newer Splawn? I'm wondering about the solo boost, I asked Scott a while back about a possible way to smooth out the boost knob as it's hella touchy. BUT, I haven't gotten around to get the parts yet. Are the new ones easier to set, the taper's better?

• Members

Ok, anyone with a newer Splawn? I'm wondering about the solo boost, I asked Scott a while back about a possible way to smooth out the boost knob as it's hella touchy. BUT, I haven't gotten around to get the parts yet. Are the new ones easier to set, the taper's better?

the problem's been solved methinks

I know someone who got one a couple months after I got mine..and was wondering if there were something 'wrong' with the boost knob considering all of us with previous versions who said it was touchy.....so the pot problem (well, not a 'problem'), issue, is solved...

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

the problem's been solved methinks

I know someone who got one a couple months after I got mine..and was wondering if there were something 'wrong' with the boost knob considering all of us with previous versions who said it was touchy.....so the pot problem (well, not a 'problem'), issue, is solved...

Awesome, thanks man.

Yeah, I hear ya, it's not really a "problem", but I've had to attempt in turning a pot like 30 seconds, if the pot was a clock... Half the time I can't use it live because if we have to adjust the volume I'm usually not given enough time to perform bomb-defusal manuvers. :)

Archived