Need suggestions for a new keyboard.

• Members

Hi !

I'm a musician but not a keyboard player... but I'd like to get a keyboard shortly. I'd prefer something with internal sounds so I would not depend on a computer and a software... and I'd like to spend as little as possible... Any suggestions what to look at ? I have a particular interest for synth sounds but I would also enjoy a good piano sound...

• Members

Go for a Korg Oasys, fully loaded, a Roland V-Piano, and a Minimoog Voyager. With the money you'll have left over, you could add an Access Virus TI Polar, and put an order in for a Solaris. Then you'd be set.

+1!

Though, if you're in a pinch, I'd look at a nice second hand Fairlight. They can be had pretty cheap these days because I don't think they make them anymore. :lol:

OK, joking aside, it would help us if you could identify your budget, the amount of keys you prefer, a little about the music you make and how you plan to incorporate keyboard instruments into it, etc.

• Members

Check the stickies,

korg r3

microkorg

microkorg XL

alesis ion

alesis micron (heavily software dependent, probably out of the question for you)

roland sh201

korg ms2000 (used)

roland jp8000 (used)

waldorf blofeld rack + controller

nord lead 2x (used)

I'm assuming your budget is roughly 500$

• Members

It's expanded with the Keyboards of the 60's & 70's card, and the Vintage/Classic(?) Synth cards, not to mention the stock "Techno" & "Orchestral" expansions that came with it.

I just ordered a Korg M50, and I was considering selling the XP to help pay for it...but I don't think I could come close to replacing what the XP-30 has on board for what I could sell it for. Probably going to keep it.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Archived