• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

see too many posts about how certain amps sound great at bedroom levels.

But what if I actually LIKE my ears? I record loud. I wish mics and mic preamps could do a good job at low levels. I wish my drummer had an electronic kit so we could jam at singing volume and pods through a freakin' stereo.

When I'm practicing I just want to hear it, not feel it.

• Members

Like having a Porsche and only driving in a school zone. Or like having a huge screen TV in a small room. I know some people with that, and it looks like {censored}. You sit so close and everything's blurry and distorted, but they think it's good, and it's their $ and that's the point. Life's short, do what you want and enjoy it. I would use a small amp in a house or apartment. I just think it sounds better.

The only reason I still hang on to a couple of them is because they appreciate in value. But I don't use them unless in a band gigging at big venues.

• Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

= teh lose.
:wave:

100 watt tube amps weren't meant to be played at bedroom levels.
:thu:

But keep wanking away.
:cool:

They do just fine in Bedrooms. If your can't here a tone difference between an 18 watt and a 100 watt amp at the same volume then there is a problem. personally I like thedynamics, headroom and clarity that is much easier to get with a high wattage amp.