Can I Simultaneously Run my Powerball and 5150 II through my Recto Cab?

Chrisjd

• Members

Hey guys, i was wondering, i only have one cabinet, a mesa 4x12 recto standard with V30's. can i run my powerball and my 5150 II through that at the same time? as of now, the 5150 and powerball only come out through the left side of the cab, i usually run it on 4 ohms i think. There are two input jacks on the back of the cab, can i run them at the same time, and if so how would i do this? and is instrument cable ok?

• Members

Originally posted by BOOGIE666

yup,

the recto cabs have two 4 ohm inputs that are for stero use.

And one 8 ohm input for mono use.

4ohm input = two 8ohm 12inch speakers in parallel

8ohm input = four 12 inch speakers wired in a combonation of series and parallel

so do i just run both amps on 8 ohms and plug each into one of the jacks on the rectifier cab? anything i should be carefull of? can i use instrument cable for one?

• Members

Originally posted by Chrisjd

so do i just run both amps on 8 ohms and plug each into one of the jacks on the rectifier cab? anything i should be carefull of? can i use instrument cable for one?

No, the 4 ohm outs of the amps into the 4 ohm stereo inputs of the cab.

• Members

you always want to match the speaker load with the matching output on your amps, otherwise you are going to fry your ouput tranny.

example 8ohm load into 8ohm output jack = preferred & safe

8ohm load into 4ohm jack = safe

4ohm load into into 8ohm jack = do I smell smoke?

• Members

Originally posted by BOOGIE666

you always want to match the speaker load with the matching output on your amps, otherwise you are going to fry your ouput tranny.

example 8ohm load into 8ohm output jack = preferred & safe

8ohm load into 4ohm jack = safe

4ohm load into into 8ohm jack = do I smell smoke?

ok so, last time, 4 ohm of powerball into the 4ohm of cab. then 4 ohm of 5150 into 4ohm of cab?

Archived