Look what my drummer made!! PICS!

MattACaster

• Members

He's been working on it for about a year and a half between other projects, but it's finally done! My new Tele! Sorry about the darkness of the shots.

telefar.jpg

This this plays and sounds awesome! Just as good, if not better than my MIA Fender Tele. It's made out of 2 pieces of alder. The pickups are a MIA Fender Tele bridge pickup and I forget what the neck pickup is from. We've had it laying around for years. The neck is from the vintage style neck from Stew Mac. He made a template from it so that he can start making his own. Just awesome. :D

I also took some other pics of my little jam room in my new house now that I finally got it setup.

Here's a Tele group shot....

teles.jpg

I also took some shots of my jam room in my new house now that I got it setup for the most part...

room.jpg

My Single Recto, Ultra Plus and Mesa 2x12.

higain.jpg

'67 Fender Bassman and Fender Roc Pro on top of my Marshall 1960A.

fenders.jpg

Oh yeah, and Symon. :D

cat.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by BadRonald

Of course it's better than your MIA Strat. It has a real single coil like a Tele should!
:thu:

Hey now... I never said it was better than my MIA Strat. ;):D

The pickup in the new Tele is actually the one from that MIA Tele. That single is so clear even with a lot of gain. Plus it twangs like no tomorrow.

• Members

LOL great stuff man! i see you have a Fender Roc Pro 1000 :eek: a lot of people hate those amps, but ive actually gotten some decnet tones out of them...one Fender SS amp that was awesome gain-wise was the Fender Stage 100...too bad they quit making it :( SNOOGENS!

cool cat too :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

LOL great stuff man! i see you have a Fender Roc Pro 1000
:eek:
a lot of people hate those amps, but ive actually gotten some decnet tones out of them...one Fender SS amp that was awesome gain-wise was the Fender Stage 100...too bad they quit making it
:(
SNOOGENS!

cool cat too

Dude, I bought the Roc Pro last week and a I love it. The guitarist in my old band used to have one and it sounded great through any cab but a Roc Pro cab. Definatley an underrated amp. The trick is too keep those mids real high on the gain channel. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by MattACaster

Dude, I bought the Roc Pro last week and a I love it. The guitarist in my old band used to have one and it sounded great through any cab but a Roc Pro cab. Definatley an underrated amp. The trick is too keep those mids real high on the gain channel.

yea, and watch the treble because they can be really trebly!!!

you guys got any more Social D stuff up for download? im really digging on 1945...too bad i dont live closer, id come and jam some SD with you guys :( LOL

• Members

yea, and watch the treble because they can be really trebly!!!

you guys got any more Social D stuff up for download? im really digging on 1945...too bad i dont live closer, id come and jam some SD with you guys
:(
LOL

So Far Away

Reach For The Sky

Thats all I have right now. These aren't mixed so please keep that in mind while listening. I have like 12 other tracks too that I need to finish up mixing. Hopefully i can do that this weekend.

• Members

Thanks man! I almost passed out doing those backup vocals for that song. My voice can't go that high.
:D

LOL yea, they do have some really high backing vocals on a lot of their songs...thats one of the things that attracts me to SD though. the songs are simple, but they rock, and they have some nice harmonies and tasty solos :thu:

• Members

LOL yea, they do have some really high backing vocals on a lot of their songs...thats one of the things that attracts me to SD though. the songs are simple, but they rock, and they have some nice harmonies and tasty solos

I couldn't have said it better.

If you're into the Bit Torrent thing, there is some Social D stuff up on dimeadozen.org. One really cool thing I found was a great video of a 2002 show.

• Members

I couldn't have said it better.

If you're into the Bit Torrent thing, there is some Social D stuff up on dimeadozen.org. One really cool thing I found was a great video of a 2002 show.

i wish...but being on dial-up is a bitch :cry: LOL

and i dont know how much mixing you have to do on So Far Away and Reach For the Sky...cuz they sound great as they are :thu:

• Members

i wish...but being on dial-up is a bitch
:cry:
LOL

and i dont know how much mixing you have to do on So Far Away and Reach For the Sky...cuz they sound great as they are

Yeah, dial-up is a pain.

Thanks man. I just need to get things a little more balanced and maybe a little more EQ on the drums. Thats about it I think.

• Members

Originally posted by RupertB

Kick-ass! Your drummer built it, eh?

*stifles rude drummer crack*

It looks great. Might look even better with a pearloid or tortoise-shell pick-guard.

Perhaps. I might give it a shot. The guitar was originally supposed to be buttscotch like those Fender '52 reissues but he decided that he didn't want to spray the nitro finish until the weather got nicer, but he also he wasn't 100% sure the guitar was going to be playable so he decided to put it together and find out. There are already plans for a second Tele that will use the nitro.

• Members
Originally posted by jonny toetags

You have a nice collection of tele and amps there!

And it's nice to see another Mike Ness fan. He should get more love on these forums.

One day i will have to breakdown and get a bassman.

When I broke down and bought a Bassman it was the morning after seeing Social D.... right before I was leaving to go see them a second night. :D

I agree, he should get more love.

Archived