Only able to record 4 tracks in cubase le?!?!?!? HELP!

flaming turd

• Members

so i got a firepod with cubase le, and when i try to acitivate the vst inputs, it says that cubase le only allows 4 simultanious inputs! WTF? i bought the firepod for eight tracks. then i read that cubase allows 8. what's up?

so, i downloaded cubase sx3 by h2o because i'm not paying $650 when all i want to do is what i paid for, but on it i can only get the first bus working. i can asingn any two channels to it, but they are the only ones i can use.

i'm getting fustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated.

thansk, bruce.

• Members

That's only 4 tracks at a time, from four individual sources/inputs. You can still record more tracks than that, just not at the same time.

Were you really planning to use 8 mics at once and have them go to 8 separate tracks? If not, you're not without options. For instance if you're recording a drum mix with 8 mics and only need a stereo mix, or two stereo mixes for that matter, you might be able to still mix the inputs with the PreSonus mixer utility before it enters Cubase (if it has one--it seems most of these multi-input dealies have them so I would pretty much expect yours does too). And if you do want to record 8 separate inputs to 8 separate tracks at a time, seems like you got suckered a bit.

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

That's only 4 tracks at a time, from four individual sources/inputs. You can still record more tracks than that, just not at the same time.

Were you really planning to use 8 mics at once and have them go to 8 separate tracks? If not, you're not without options. For instance if you're recording a drum mix with 8 mics and only need a stereo mix, or two stereo mixes for that matter, you might be able to still mix the inputs with the PreSonus mixer utility before it enters Cubase (if it has one--it seems most of these multi-input dealies have them so I would pretty much expect yours does too). And if you do want to record 8 separate inputs to 8 separate tracks at a time, seems like you got suckered a bit.

no, i need 6 at a time.

• Members
Originally posted by stratabastard10

I've got the exact same set up, and all i had to do to get all the inputs was go to vst inputs and select whatever I wanted...

are you sure you went by the manual and installed everything right??? i dont know.
:(

yeah, i do that, and it says that cubase le only supports four tracks. i've been on the phone with presonus, and they are going to call me back.

Archived