Ampswitchers (not A/B) experience needed

Duesentrieb

• Members

Hi there - anybody with experience with Tonebone or Skysrup (sp?) or whatever switchers? Edit: Those which switch two amps to one cab - so with a built-in load.

Thanks !

I will buy one and I'm looking to check all options/prices . . . .

A good DIY-link also welcome :D

• Members

are there any switchers that allow two heads to be used simultaneously with one cab......or can i run the cab in stereo with the two heads and use a regular A/B/Y?

I recently sold a cab and am a little shy to try the two head-one cab thing without doin a little research. The simultaneousness is key, need both tones.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by juby

are there any switchers that allow two heads to be used simultaneously with one cab......or can i run the cab in stereo with the two heads and use a regular A/B/Y?

I recently sold a cab and am a little shy to try the two head-one cab thing without doin a little research. The simultaneousness is key, need both tones.

Thanks

Depends on the cab. If it has 2 separate (as in internally separate) inputs then yes. Otherwise you are effectively connecting the 2 heads together - I've never tried that, but if you do it I'd suggest standing at a safe distance and being prepared to buy a couple of new heads.

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Thats exactly what I need (live) - 2 heads, one cab . . .

Tonebone or Axess HS-2 - thats the question?!?!

me too! but simultaneous.

The cab is a new 1960B, so it has two jacks, but im not entirely sure about their "internal seperation" or lack thereof...it has a stereo switch...???

why dont i know these things:confused:

• Members

but in reading about the lehle and tonebone switchers they always say "perfect for switching one clean amp and one dirty amp"...but sometimes i want one clean....then step into a stereo kinda clean, and the the two distortions are a very nice fit together, you can hear them seperatley and they can 'boost' each others overall sound...........no mention of simultaneousness on either products overview, if i remember correctly

Archived