All this talk @ Bad Monkey...

Fxrs

• Members

The Bad Monkey is really nice, but I finally decided on the Screamin' Blues, which sounds Bad Monkeyish with the gain down low, and Hot Headish with the gain turned up. I love it, it's a good distortion pedal and an even better warm boost pedal on the clean channel.

• Members

Originally posted by doggage5050

i have the monkey and love it. i run it with the level high, treb noon, gain low and a bump in the bass. it is a fantastic boost and can even do some nice light OD sounds on a clean channel too.

Sounds about what I do. It sounded really nice into my Bassman as well to give it a little grit.

I was actually surprised that the Mixer output sounded not too bad going direct to a PA. Not ideal, but it could be made to work in an emergency.

• Members

Has anyone tried it with a 5150? I stumbled across a good setting on mine but I want to take the boost that I am using now (Korg AX100) and put it into the loop so that I can use some delay and verb. I have an EQ in the loop with level at 80% with the highs cut for some boost and an EQ in front at 80% with the highs cut plus the Korg modeling an OD pedal with the level up and the gain way down. This really smoothed the amp out and took out a lot of fuzz.

I guess that it doesn't really matter. I will just go to GC and buy one. Hell I would have 30 days to return it anyway and they are cheap.

Archived