How did Dime get that aggressive tight brutal distiortion??

rcervera

• Members
Originally posted by mctallica1

I bought a Randall Cyclone on a whim to try and get close to Dime's tone and was really impressed with just how close I get with no additional outboard EQ!
:thu:

Dude (as I told you via PM) I just got one of these things...super cheap. What a kick-ass solid state amp! I'm a tube guy through and through, but I've always wanted to try one of these.

Now, I'm not too into the super-scooped tone that is SO easy to get on this thing, but DAMN, you can dial in a lot of heavy tones on this amp with tons of sustain. AND - the Cyclone is super, super loud and heavy (weight-wise) I think it weighs as much or more than any of my tube amps.

On topic though, he got that tone with lots of SS gain and serious outboard EQ.

• Members
Originally posted by JiroJan

he used 2 eq's one before and one in the loop

its a really cheap set-up that sounds great

para eq----randall rg100es----mxr 10eq

Yup, from an interview on the Seymour Duncan website it says that was one of his setups. You can read here about them both. The other setup was with his Randall Warheads. Some cool stuff here :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Locky

He used the two outboard EQ's and the amp EQ's to completely dial out the mids, and boost the bass and treble.

i don't think that's true. maybe he dialed the mids out on one or the other, but not on both.

• Members
Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X

Yup, from an interview on the Seymour Duncan website it says that was one of his setups. You can read
here
about them both. The other setup was with his Randall Warheads. Some cool stuff here
:thu:

Cool interview. I didn't know that he used both eq's set before the amp. I thought he had one one in the loop and one in front boosting. But apparently they're both in front.

Archived