My TR Rack is here !

augerinn

• Members

Just arrived at work via UPS.

All I could do is play the demo song. I can't wait to go home and mess with this bad boy.

My initial reaction is quite favorable. I'm thinking I'm going to like this better than the Roland JV series. I might just end up a Korg fan boy....especially for Romplers. (Still like my Roland DCO synths, though)

• Members

Haha, I can tell you that there is certainly NOTHING in my home that suggests that I won any lottery. ;) And if I had, I'd buy some other synths that I really want as well.

These old Korgs are really nice instruments, though, and worth more than they go for - that's for sure. Good thing about the Trinity series, of course, is that they were quite popular back in the day, so they're not that hard to get hold of either. I think that V3 would go nicely with the TR-rack you have. Do you REALLY need those tires???? Heh.

• Members

A local store had one of those Trinity V3 boards. The thing was unbelievably beat up. About a third of the keys were smashed and broken along with the right side cap. It still worked though.

Guess it got dropped off a stage at a gig or something.

I really hate to see gear in that kind of shape.

I toyed with the idea of trying to make a rack out of it (for about 3 seconds), till I came to my senses.

• Members

I think that V3 would go nicely with the TR-rack you have. Do you REALLY need those tires???? Heh.

I sent a PM to a guy on synthforum.nl who has a Trinity V3 for sale. He posted that he might be interested in a trade with TR-rack, so I suggested I trade my TR and Kawai K4r for his V3. I hope he wants to trade :D

• Members

I sent a PM to a guy on synthforum.nl who has a Trinity V3 for sale. He posted that he might be interested in a trade with TR-rack, so I suggested I trade my TR and Kawai K4r for his V3. I hope he wants to trade

That would be sweet !

I got it home last night and spent maybe an hour going through the preset combis. First impression is this: This thing flat out blows away any Roland JV-Series I've owned (1010, 1080, 2080). I am more than pleased with this purchase, and I've officially become a Korg Rompler Fanboy.

• Members

The TR Rack is great. It's been my go-to synth since I bought mine 4 years ago.

C00 Soft Stereo Piano is a nice piano. B49 Super Whirly is one of the coolest rompler Wurlitzers out there. Strings are nice too especially D13 Double Strings. Most of the synth sounds and a few of the bass presets run through a MOSS chip, which is why they sound so strong.

If possible, plug in all four outputs as some sounds use them. D46 Rubber Banned, and D49 Seq DDL Lead are two that use the two extra outputs for delay.

Programming is a chore, and even after 4 years, I still have to go step by step with the manual open. Still, the TR Rack is a great preset module which is how I mainly use mine.

Archived