I have radio controlled helicopter GAS

IHateRap

• Members

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev

I've been into that stuff for years, mostly planes though. I've got a couple choppers, and even a jet. a scale F-16.. pretty neat. It goes at 150 mph.

It's tough {censored} to learn initially though.

If I were to buy something, it would have to be cheap enough to be able to crash it in the first 4 seconds of flight and be somewhat ok with it.

• Members

i was deep into RC Helicopters a couple of years ago. Spent thousands of dollars on kits, radios, tools, etc...

I recommend NOT starting, because it's highly addictive and extremely expensive! If you really want to get into flying RC, go with fixed wing rather than rotory (helis).

I sold a lot of my gear, but still have a nice Miniature Aircraft Fury Expert and a JR 8103 radio. I haven't flown in almost 3 years, but I tell myself that this summer I'll get back out there and try.

• Members

I've been into that stuff for years, mostly planes though. I've got a couple choppers, and even a jet. a scale F-16.. pretty neat. It goes at 150 mph.

It's tough {censored} to learn initially though.

I was into it big time until I moved into the city. It also got friggen expensive. I spent awhile building my first Chopper and After practicing for awhile, I smashed the crap out it!!!!

I also Crashed a Violett Viper after the a servo crapped out and ther was next to nothing left of that....

RC is a blast but can be brutally expensive...

Kage

• Members

For the past 7 years I've been pretty heavy into it. I've got loterally thousands of dollars in equipment and models right now.

I only fly electric power, with cutting edge brushless motors and lithium batteries. The models can be lighter and more powerful than the gas ones.

Here's my F-16, electric jet, clocked at 155 mph.

jepef1698.jpg

jepef16999.jpg

jepef1695.jpg

Here's one from a couple years back, It's a 90 size electric pattern aerobatic plane. Its pretty neat, and has retractable landing gear.

zen-01.jpg

zen-02.jpg

I havnt flown or built a model in the last year or so, but I'd like to get back into it this summer.

• Members

For the past 7 years I've been pretty heavy into it. I've got loterally thousands of dollars in equipment and models right now.

I only fly electric power, with cutting edge brushless motors and lithium batteries. The models can be lighter and more powerful than the gas ones.

Here's my F-16, electric jet, clocked at 155 mph.

jepef1698.jpg

jepef16999.jpg

jepef1695.jpg

Here's one from a couple years back, It's a 90 size electric pattern aerobatic plane. Its pretty neat, and has retractable landing gear.

zen-01.jpg

zen-02.jpg

I havnt flown or built a model in the last year or so, but I'd like to get back into it this summer.

What's the charge time and subsequent flight time for the jet? That stuff looks so cool! I was into RC cars as a kid and wanted to get into planes but it was way too expensive. While it can still be expensive, I see that there are a lot of less expensive options now that they didn't have when I was a kid. Alas, I don't need another $ hobby but I do like to look at stuff in the hobby stores.

Archived