where to buy properly matched tubes for my mesa

thomasmiranda

• Members

I need some new tubes for my F-30 and dont know where to go to get tubes that are within mesa's specs. Ive searched around and none of the tube sites have any technical data, not that i would know what to do with it anyway.

Also do preamp tubes need to be within mesa's specs also or just power amp tubes.

Or does it not really matter and i should just put whatever the hell I want in it.

Also any suggestions on what tubes to get are appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by nrarocks

I'm looking at Eurotubes.com right now, and they have a few different options for retubing the F-30. That looks like a pretty good site.

You mean options like folks had back in the days with the Ford Model T. You could have any color you wanted, as long as it was black!

• Members

Originally posted by Doug's Tubes

You mean options like folks had back in the days with the Ford Model T. You could have any color you wanted, as long as it was black!

LMAO!!!! I was just lookin at the complete retube options they have, pretty cool I guess.

• Members
Originally posted by Ralph Stephens

anywhere but GC. i went there once to buy a quad of el34's. they only had a pair of el34's left in the store so the salesman tried to sell me a pair of 6l6's with them. he insisted i could mix the tubes in my amp.
:eek:

Yeah why are people at music stores idiots. I tried buying tubes at Daves Guitar in Lacrosse Wisconson (great store, retarded salesmen)

They are an authorized boogie dealer and I told him i needed tubes for my F-30 and he told me i need to bring it in to have it biased. I tried to explain to him that you cant bias mesa amps even if you want to and he basically told me i was an idiot and insisted that i needed to bring my amp in to put new tubes in it.:rolleyes:

• Members

Hey man...the only place to get valves from is www.watfordvalves.com

they put them through more tests than anyone else on the face of the planet...
some of the people that get valves from them include Brian May, Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani, Peter Gabriel...you get the picture!! Also lots of great info on there site...hope that helps.!!

• Members
Originally posted by nosefuc

Hey man...the only place to get valves from is
www.watfordvalves.com

they put them through more tests than anyone else on the face of the planet...

some of the people that get valves from them include Brian May, Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani, Peter Gabriel...you get the picture!! Also lots of great info on there site...hope that helps.!!

Watford is only one dealer that does extensive testing of tubes.

• Members

Originally posted by Doug's Tubes

1 vote for EuroTubes, extremely quick shipping and some great tubes.

Archived