OT: Pointy guitars are out?

OneHappyPappy

• Members

BC Rich's quality is diminishing in a not-good way. Also, USA jacksons seem to be becoming more questionable - a trend that got BC Rich where it is today... not looking good.

Since I never really liked ESP, there isn't a lot of options. I'm just glad as fkkk that I can build my own!

• Members

Originally posted by OneHappyPappy

Well more specifically BC Rich pointy guitars, I haven't seen a lot of buzz about these guitars lately...

Because the Men who made the company great passed away/left.

The Legacy still lives on with his son though and the guys who have his work that are on the board swear by it.

http://ricojrguitars.com/

Alias_Reverse_Headstock.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

And at the same time, Gibson's quality is diminishing in a GOOD way!
:p

OMG LOL INtrenet!!!11 You are so right!!

I'm glad a classic guitar manufacture is diminishing their quality, as long as it's "in a good way". :rolleyes:

STFU

• Members

just depends on the age of the target market

pointy is definately cool again with the teenage "early adapter" type guitar players I've been encountering...

early 20 somethings tend to hate pointy cuz they grew up with nu-metal... gen x'ers who grew up with NIrvana hate pointy.... 80s metalheads still like pointy....70s rockers hate pointy cuz 80s metalheads liked pointy...late 60s guitar players are still trying to figure out what the hell metal is anyway.... etc etc

Death metal dudes like pointy no matter what decade it is

• Members

Originally posted by dinrodef

just depends on the age of the target market

pointy is definately cool again with the teenage "early adapter" type guitar players I've been encountering...

early 20 somethings tend to hate pointy cuz they grew up with nu-metal... gen x'ers who grew up with NIrvana hate pointy.... 80s metalheads still like pointy....70s rockers hate pointy cuz 80s metalheads liked pointy...late 60s guitar players are still trying to figure out what the hell metal is anyway.... etc etc

Death metal dudes like pointy no matter what decade it is

I'm 26, play death, thrash, and black metal, and I SWEAR BY pointy axes...I feel my guitar should look like the weapon I play it as. I own 2 BC Rich Beasts, 1 Bich, 1 Jackson Kelly, and I have an old Warlock body I may refurbish at some point when the Warlock is no-longer associated w/ Slipknot. My axes all have Floyd Rose locking trems, EMG active pick-ups, a couple have been adapted for use with an EVH D-Tuna, and one has a 20db EMG PA-2 pre-amp booster. I'm also partial to pointy headstocks, extremely loud high gains amps, riffs that kill an entire small town dead, and leads that'd rip your ears off!

Metal is SUPPOSED to be over the top....and pointy axes are a beautiflluy chaotic side-effect of that.

• Members

They haven't really done anything chat worthy recently. The zombie is kind cool, but I already have a beast and a virgin, so it's not that far out.

I wasn't impressed with the new speedloaders either. Only thing that has tempted me recently has been a few of the body arts, but the pickups would need an upgrade.

Archived