Recommend me a soft synth.....

electrobaby

• Members

The OT has a Mac.

Macs come with two excellent free music performance apps. You know about GarageBand. The other is AU Lab.

AU Lab gets installed when you install the Xcode Tools from your install discs (these are mostly programmer tools). It's a nice, focussed, well-designed mixer program for testing out AUs (Audio Units, the Apple equivalent to VSTs). Controls can be mapped to MIDI, it accepts audio inputs, and it's really quite a nice mixer platform for live performance. And since its main reason for existing is to test AUs for bugs, it's rock solid with some handy information available (CPU load window, error reporting).

So if you can't find a standalone VSTi you should consider these.

• Members

Just a host that doesn't allow you to open any other stuff
, ...

Guess I'll have to change my definition of a host then. I always took it to mean a program that will allow other softsynths to be run from within it.

I'm no computer wiz though, so what do I know? :idk:

Hai guyz - I'm back after a short absence. :wave:

• Members

Im pretty certain I am gonna go with Massive. Also if I use it in standalone mode and I use Steinberg Groove Agent 3 in standalone mode...I probably cant sync the two can I? Seeing that neither is a host. I was just thinking if I wanted to sync the arp/seq patterns in massive to the groove agent pattern.

How can I sync them together without using a host...or can I??

Archived