Have you met any famous keyboard players?

The Pro

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We opened for the Ides of March a few months ago and I had a substantial conversation with their keyboard player for a while. He wanted details on my M50 mod (as he also used the M50-73 in his live rig) and handed me his business card to so I could get him the info and arrange a visit at the Hammond Organ Company (where he works). I sent him the info and called him a week or so later as he suggested I do.

He was a complete jag after he got the info he wanted. No Hammond visit. :(

Guess what organ manufacturer I'll never support...

The most famous keyboard player I've met was Brian Auger at a show in Chicago. He was approachable like a local musician and was very cordial. He also put on a hell of a show...

When I played NAMM about 10 years ago, I didn't know many famous keyboard players and was more interested in gear. Now what do I have to show for it?! Nothing. grrrrrrr....

-Mc

• Members

I met Jean Michel Jarre after one of his concerts last year - he wasn't very talkative... (in french or english)

Rick Wakeman, on the other hand is an absolutely delightful chap. I bumped into him in a bookshop randomly and we had a great chat. He's pretty high on my list of people to have a drink with. (of tap water, obviously...)

• Members
I was in Rainbow Music here a few years back and everyone was crowding around this older dude in the vintage guitar room. Turns out it was just one of the Beatles, Paul McCartney - who still has a home here...
:thu:

My Mother and Step Father have a hardware store in Tucson, and have had Paul McCartney in there shopping a time or two.

• Members

So this thread keeps popping up, and I keep saying to myself 'I know I met somebody, but can't remember the occasion'

Then it dawned on me, I had a really nice conversation with Roger Hodgson and Dougie Thomson of Supertramp after one of Roger's shows at the House of Blues in Chicago back in '97.

Now I'm sayin' to myself 'How in the hell could I have possibly forgotten about that??'

• Members

Jonathan Cain. Met him about 4-5 years ago when he returned to his high school in Chicago for a one-man benefit concert. He brought his full Journey rig, and I even got to touch his red Yamaha grand ("The Whale"). He was nice enough to stand still for a picture of he and I, which sits in my office. He was very warm, down to earth, grounded.

Archived