PEAVEY SUPREME 100W HEAD-$269, good deal?

Chrisjd

• Members

hey guys, a local music go round is selling what looks to be a mint peavey supreme 100 watt head. i am looking for a head that can do really heavy and RAW RAW RAW abrasive distortion, is this a good choice? what genre does this best suit? good deal?

• Members

transtube stuff isnt bad. Id use it over the newer marshall avt stuff. I think that stuff sounds awful. Supremes can go heavy. they have the thrash button with really scoops them, if thats what you want. Plenty of gain, and then you have the gain button to add even more. Tight lowend with the resonance button in. You could do a lot worse.

• Members

Originally posted by Chrisjd

they also have a xxl for under $400.

$300-350 tops for a XXL. Good SS amp has a nice tubeish feel to it. Hell for $400 on up you can get the Peavey Ultra's and they smoke both the XXL and Supreme easily and are all tube. Just a thought. Check my sig.

• Members

I'm selling one right now for 150 bucks, but that local. The thing really isn't bad at all. The distortion is pretty cool. Once you get it tweaked right, it sounds pretty brutal. Like others have said, for SS, it's pretty good.

Archived