OT: Another "Am I getting old" thread

Gribs

• Members

How nice so many responses (to my response!) in the thread.

On a serious note (B Sharp ?), I just wanted to make you all feel good. Its always nice to be 'one up' on someone else !, and I am now entering my 74th year, and slowly becoming a 'Grumpy Old Fart', most of you, I am sure have many hopefully happy and productive years ahead of you !

There is life after retirement - I retired at 70, from pubic performances, and now just 'donk and dink' a bit, purely for my own enjoyment - I have to wear headphones, as my wife and dog can't bear to listen - One Howls, and the other sits out in the yard (Not necessarily in that order ! ).

I think I am like 99% of all you other Muso's - I was never famous, or earned much more than enough to get by with, but I have enjoyed every minute of my working life, and travelled all over the world with my music.

The only thing to adjust to really in old age, is living on memories and past achievements, rather than for the future. The hardest thing to 'put to bed' is what drives most of us - Ambition !! - (I ain't goin' anywhere in the future - except possibly, Hell ! ).

Claude ... Remix or hang it on the wall, dear friend - I believe anything posted on the 'net' for public viewing or listening, is copyrightless, and available for all to use as they wish. Loads more music on my web pages for you to have a mess (or a 'Mix') ... with - see, I didn't even know you could re-mix .wav or .Mp3 files ... I have always done it all in .mid, and my organ does not work with or produce .mid!

Cheers Guys, really interesting thread.

John (In UK)

• Members

it was bugging me for a while that i felt no emotional connection to "new music", then i accepted it.

it's an important part of what i represent as an artist. that probably sounds totally egomaniacal, but so what.

i should point out i listen to music which is new to my ears all the time. i'm just way more interested in library music sharity blogs and what other people are doing on the forums and my internet friends' music than anything that "the kids" like.

• Members

Grey surfers, unite !

Kindest regards,

John

Welcome to the forum, John :)

I love this music!! Some people tend to nonchalantly dismiss the Lounge music of the 1950s/60s as "cheesy" , and I say to them... PASS THE GRATER, -.. I love the (organ) music from those years, it's just fantastic

QwfQf4DrB8I

uqGYevWsORA

ucRtJr3qXHs

NhFzAlWTZs4

FDo6LV-dgzE

Archived