This thread is what really gets me about the amp forum these days

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

dude... jamaica is still enslaved. between the crippling conditions of their IMF loans and the {censored} going down in the kingston free zone, jamaica is completely {censored}ed.

Yes, Jamaica is totally {censored}ed.

But it aint all whitey's fault. :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dude... jamaica is still enslaved. between the crippling conditions of their IMF loans and the {censored} going down in the kingston free zone, jamaica is completely {censored}ed.

Actually I meant slavery here in the USA.

And I can't disagree with you. I don't know enough about Jamaica's political climate or loan situation to have an informed opinion.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Yes, Jamaica is totally {censored}ed.

But it aint all whitey's fault.
:o

so if a desperate, starving beggar is given poisoned food by whitey, is it not whitey's fault when the starving beggar is stricken ill, and whitey still demands to be compensated for his 'generosity'?

• Members

Jamaicans were emancipated a few years before the American blacks were. A bunch of slaves on American vessels actually took off between 1838 (Emancipation in J) and the end of the Civil War when their boats reached Jamaican shores.

some call it emancipation, some call it being abandoned... it amounts to the same thing, in their case. they used to have the whole banana thing going for them, keeping them plugging along essentially as masterless slaves (more or less a drone nation), until we (meaning, the IMF) took even that away from them by banning subsidized agriculture - the long-standing deal with europe to buy jamaican bananas was deemed a violation of free trade agreements... basically, their masterless slavery was deemed an unfair advantage that hurt US business, since US MNC's could grow bananas in latin america for pretty cheap but the euro market was closed due to the jamaica deal. at the same time, federally-subsidized US agriculture surplus (for example, onions) flood the jamaican market at incredibly low price, making it impossible for unsubsidized jamaican farmers to sell local produce anywhere near their costs. their farmland is rendered worthless. such imports also can't be regulated, in the interest of "free" trade conditions imposed by the IMF.

don't even get me started on the free zone... :mad:

slavery was never eliminated, it was just globally outsourced.

• Members

wtf... how did i end up talking about political economy {censored} in this thread?
:freak:

I dunno, but fat chicks need love too

:confused:

5 of 8 minimum pages now and I'm barely begun!

It's not even the length that bugs me, its the amount of information I need to organize and stuff in. :mad:

• Members

It's not even the length that bugs me, its the amount of information I need to organize and stuff in.
:mad:

That sure sounds like it sucks ass. Good luck whitey. I am on spring break:D

• Members

It's not even the length that bugs me, its the amount of information I need to organize and stuff in.
:mad:

i have to write 3 pages (max) about what six different transcendentalists had in common with r.w. emerson.

like... what the hell? half a page each is too much to just say "yeah, like, they liked to transcend too." but it's not enough to really make any kind of point about anything important. even if that ends up being manageable, there's no room left for support.

{censored}in' lazy ass professors.

i'll write it tomorrow. it's not due until 1:45 when we take the final... the {censored}ing TRUE OR FALSE (i {censored} you not) FINAL that's worth 25% of the course grade. how much lazier can a professor get? :freak:

edit: i forgot! we have to bring scantron sheets so he won't even have to actually grade the true or false final! i'm so annoyed! who the hell gives a true/false final exam for a literature class??? JIHAD!!! :mad:

Archived