Mark Series Mesa Cabs

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I just made a deal to get one of these cuz I'm sick of looking at the unused Dragon Cab in my garage, and I seem to remember hearing good things about them... its got two black shadows and two of whatever they normally come with, I forgot by now... what can I expect? I am kind of trying to branch out of the "v30" sound and try new stuff out...

I don't know why, but I seem to remember a small following surrounding these cabs, I'm pretty eager...

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

you done a good thang, jethro.

haha, thank you brother earl!

I am trading the Dragon for the Mesa and a hundred bucks, I think I'll end up pretty happy with that, since I can't sell this thing for less than 400 anyway right? and also, I'm investing in a tried and true brand vs a company that seems to have lost most of its buzz already... at least untill they put out something new I think

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

how would you say it differs from the v30's? I never got a straight answer from him on that

cleaner, tighter, more balanced, more throaty, more kickyouintheballsy, wider bandwidth, etc. etc.

i think you'll see a whole new side of your uber... those EVs in the bottom are pure muscle.

• Members

I'm looking for one of these too! They used to be everywhere and CHEAP. Back in the early days of Recto, seemed like nobody wanted the old style cabs anymore. I think people are realizing how good they are these days because it seems the supply has dried up a bit. Anybody selling?!?! :confused:

• Members

That looks to me like you nailed a good one with a pair of MC90's in the top and EVM's in the bottom.
Worst case scenereo is you remove the two EVM's from the bottom and sell them for at least $200 each...:D
Killer cabinets.....
Best Boogie ever made.
Steve

Archived