XTC 101B clip.......

flyangus

• Members

Originally posted by flyangus

I'm good Ralphie, how's unclehood treatin' ya?
:D

Thanks man, it could've been a tad 'cleaner'! Anyway, where are your clips? I'm gonna come to NY and bitch slap 'em out of you!!!!!

Unclehood is great!! Xander is beyond cool!!!

Hey Bro!! I can always use a good bitch slapping!! Now get your arse to NY!!! :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

Isn't that nice. A plug for me. Thank you so much.

You got your numbers wrong. If you're going to dredge up 5 year old quotes and attrubute them to me, the least you can do is get your info straight.

I owned two 101b's. I'm not the only guy who described the sound as a "blanket over the speaker".

I recently demo'd a 101b at GC and really liked it. So much so, I was considering buying another Ecstasy.

I happened to like the Carvin Legacy more, so I bought it, but I would still consider the Ecstasy. To infer I couldn't dial the amp in after owning 2 for a few years, shows you to be an anus of the highest order.

As far as the Diezels, I like the Einstein clips I've heard. I don't care for the other 2 models. "Tinny"? I'd say there is something "metallic" in the mids, which can be desirable or not, depending on what you want to hear.

I thought this Bogner clip was great. It was much more foward and present sounding from what I remember.

As to you '63 Strat....I don't know who you are nor could I give a shit. You got balls dropping my name around as I can very well speak for myself.
:rolleyes:

Carl.....

That was me with the "Blanket" opinion...

And I still stand by that...

I don't like Bogners, though I've owned a few. They just didn't do it for me.

Others love them, and I think they record very well. I just don't get a vibe from them.....

I tried....It just didn't work out...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Carl.....

That was me with the "Blanket" opinion...

And I still stand by that...

I don't like Bogners, though I've owned a few. They just didn't do it for me.

Others love them, and I think they record very well. I just don't get a vibe from them.....

I tried....It just didn't work out...

Steve

LOL, I know you've said it. I said it years ago and this putz remembers it like it was carved in cement:D So much so he used my full name in his comment.

• Members

I LOVE XTC'S SLIGHT OVERDRIVE SOUNDS!!!

Man.. that low gain in the beginning is killing me. Awesome tone IMO. I wasn't crazy about the high gain but im sure theres room to tweak to anyone's liking and sounds much better in person.

• Members

Isn't that nice. A plug for me. Thank you so much.

You got your numbers wrong. If you're going to dredge up 5 year old quotes and attrubute them to me, the least you can do is get your info straight.

I owned two 101b's. I'm not the only guy who described the sound as a "blanket over the speaker".

I recently demo'd a 101b at GC and really liked it. So much so, I was considering buying another Ecstasy.

I happened to like the Carvin Legacy more, so I bought it, but I would still consider the Ecstasy. To infer I couldn't dial the amp in after owning 2 for a few years, shows you to be an anus of the highest order.

As far as the Diezels, I like the Einstein clips I've heard. I don't care for the other 2 models. "Tinny"? I'd say there is something "metallic" in the mids, which can be desirable or not, depending on what you want to hear.

I thought this Bogner clip was great. It was much more foward and present sounding from what I remember.

As to you '63 Strat....I don't know who you are nor could I give a shit. You got balls dropping my name around as I can very well speak for myself.

LOL

So how did I get my numbers wrong, Carl? I said 2, if not 3 XTCs. You owned 2 and considered a third? Sorry!!! Promise it won't happen again :p In case you couldn't tell from my post, I was kidding around. Your blanket over the speakers/Diezels are POS schtick was your MO for awhile and you know it. I only used your name because I couldn't remember your actual moniker when I posted.

But frankly, you've now PM'd me twice about this and behaved like your typical charming self. I have "big balls" for mentioning your name? LOL, for jokingly referring to something you DID say repeatedly?

Pretty funny coming from an old guy who throws tantrums like a baby with diaper rash but ok, I'm officially scrared, Carl.

• Members

Originally posted by '63-Strat

LOL

So how did I get my numbers wrong, Carl? I said 2, if not 3 XTCs. You owned 2 and considered a third? Sorry!!! Promise it won't happen again
:p
In case you couldn't tell from my post, I was kidding around. Your blanket over the speakers/Diezels are POS schtick was your MO for awhile and you know it. I only used your name because I couldn't remember your actual moniker when I posted.

But frankly, you've now PM'd me twice about this and behaved like your typical charming self. I have "big balls" for mentioning your name? LOL, for jokingly referring to something you DID say repeatedly?

Pretty funny coming from an old guy who throws tantrums like a baby with diaper rash but ok, I'm officially scrared, Carl.

Yeah, I pm'd you, but you insist on making an fool of yourself in public:rolleyes:

No tantrum. Simply pointing out a fool.....you

:idea:

• Members

Yeah, I pm'd you, but you insist on making an fool of yourself in public:rolleyes:

No tantrum. Simply pointing out a fool.....you

Funny thing is... I wasn't wrong about anything!

But nice burn... old man :idea:

lol :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by '63-Strat

Funny thing is... I wasn't wrong about anything!

But nice burn... old man

lol
:wave:

I'm Kage and Ralph's age. They old men too?

You dredged up a comment I made 5 years ago.

The fact that you even remember that AND my name....shows you to to need a life. Later putz:wave:

• Members

I'm Kage and Ralph's age. They old men too?

You dredged up a comment I made 5 years ago.

The fact that you even remember that AND my name....shows you to to need a life. Later putz:wave:

Dude you 75 years old to? Darn, I didn't know that!! :D

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

Dude you 75 years old to? Darn, I didn't know that!!

Not a day over 39:thu:

PS, again...I thought the dude's Ecstasy clip was excellent.

My apologies that this '63 asshat had to stink the thread up a bit:D

• Members

Hey Carl,

40's no prob...30 was tougher than 40 for me!!

I just hit 40 on Jan 11th!!

:eek:

Keith

• Members

Same here!:thu:

I'll be 40 in June!! I'm catching up to you Squarehead!!! :D

• Members

Nah, I've never seen Kage or Ralph act like you, they're cool in my book.

I guess I could see how you didn't like your name being brought up online, Carl. Like I said, that was only because I didn't want to bother doing a search. But given your constant flaming, I really can't think you're that concerned about online etiquette anyways. So... for "dropping your name," sorry. For "everything" else? It was true, so big deal. It was hard not to remember you and your comments before you got banned, Carl. You were constanly spouting that stuff and far worse. Anyone that was on HC back then likely remembers too.

I thought a guy who constanly flames people on here would have thicker skin than you seem to, but I guess that's not surprising. I meant nothing ill toward you, but woke up to your pm of "kiss my ass." Whatever, man.

....shows you to to need a life. Later putz:wave:

I'm a putz? ;)

• Members

Angus already knows that he is one of my favorite players...(well if you didn't know... you do now!!)

But I didn't dig the high gain tone. To fizzy for me but then again I'm not a Bogner type guy.

The playing knocked my dick in the dirt though!!!
:thu:

Ditto,Ditto and Ditto!!! You are so friggin Greasy and Filthy( and I mean that in the best wasy possible!!!) I love your stuff but Im not a Bogner guy either, Come back to Camp Diezel

You rule Bro!!!

Kage

• Members

Originally posted by Rock_Borg

Oh man I just love that clean tone!!

and the overdrive is really cool too!!

great playing and great clip!

what tuing is it? Eb?

I tune to Eb, and the low E is tuned down a whole step.

• Members

Unclehood is great!! Xander is beyond cool!!!

Hey Bro!! I can always use a good bitch slapping!! Now get your arse to NY!!!

LOL!

Ralph, I'd love to come to NY to see you guys - I think we'd have a blast!

• Members

Originally posted by LnTh

I LOVE XTC'S SLIGHT OVERDRIVE SOUNDS!!!

Man.. that low gain in the beginning is killing me. Awesome tone IMO. I wasn't crazy about the high gain but im sure theres room to tweak to anyone's liking and sounds much better in person.

Thanks:) I used a very non-standard mic for the clip:eek: It is a very tweakable amp.

• Members

Originally posted by Duolos

This thread has the gift that just keeps on giving....back on topic.

Nice clip, I have the Ecstacy Classic and love mine but wish it had a hair more gain like the 101B. I know there is a myriad of quality tones in either amp and appreciated you sharing your clip. I enjoyed listening to it.

I am going to go plug into mine now and have some fun....
:thu:

Thanks a lot!:) How are things with you? You still diggin' Herbie?

I'd love to try a Classic, the 101B is great though.

Archived