Looking fof a good shredder guitar...

MTDP8350

• Members

I'm really looking for something with a thin neck, has a great high gain sound (neck similar to an ibanez prestige neck, or ESP Jeff Hannemann model). Recommend anything? I like a deep cutaway so I can sweep up high, but good sustain. I'd be willing to do a pickup swap if needed.

I like tones like:

Neck: Neck pickup like Necrophagist's song Seven

Steve Vai

Yngwie

Something smooth, but can get gritty when I dig into it.

Bridge:

Brutal and crushing, any good metalcore tones, Severed Savior, Closest sounding thing to an EMG possible.

is it possible to wire a passive AND an EMG together?

Reccommend me some axes- I KNOW you guys can shred, and if you're selling anything, let me know.

Trying to stay around or under around 1500 shipped/brand new/plus tax, etc etc.

Thanks!

Bill

• Members

ibanez prestige seems like a good choice, for better sustain maybe a jackson slsmg, since its string through. but its a little too lite I think... I would get a hard tail and wait untill those tremol-nos come out so you can still do dives and {censored} like that if needed. I just try to stay away from floyds.

I think the guy from necrophagist uses bc rich, I wouldn't get one cuz I think they are ugly as hell. but some people love them..

• Members

The hanneman has a great neck.

3 grand.

The ibanez neck kicked ass.

Steve Vai JEM-2100.

Don't really want a used model anyway.

Instead, of the original question, what necks play similar to the ones listed?

Ibanez RGA121
Ibanez Steve Vai JEM
ESP Jeff Hannemann

• Members
Originally posted by MTDP8350

The hanneman has a great neck.

3 grand.

The ibanez neck kicked ass.

Steve Vai JEM-2100.

Don't really want a used model anyway.

Instead, of the original question, what necks play similar to the ones listed?

Ibanez RGA121

Ibanez Steve Vai JEM

ESP Jeff Hannemann

The guitar shown is not used, that $1450 NEW will be built when ordered. Handmade in the good ole USA. Neck feel is "based" on ESP.......Ask Tony, (McTallica1) about these guitars, he has one and just ordered his second and we are in talks for his 3rd.

• Members
Originally posted by gunslinger

The guitar shown is not used, that $1450 NEW will be built when ordered. Handmade in the good ole USA. Neck feel is "based" on ESP.......Ask Tony, (McTallica1) about these guitars, he has one and just ordered his second and we are in talks for his 3rd.

thats an amazing guitar brother, and while I'm tempted, I'm afraid I won't like it.

DEFINITELY NOT insulting your guitars, but without playing the neck its hard to justify whether if its for me or not.

And if I were to have a custom guitar made for me, I would have no idea where to begin.

• Members

thats an amazing guitar brother, and while I'm tempted, I'm afraid I won't like it.

DEFINITELY NOT insulting your guitars, but without playing the neck its hard to justify whether if its for me or not.

And if I were to have a custom guitar made for me, I would have no idea where to begin.

Cool, just thought I'd offer, You mentioned the ESP, and I figured if you like the Hanneman, you'd LOVE these, they're like the ESP custom shop guitars on steroids...:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by gunslinger

Cool, just thought I'd offer, You mentioned the ESP, and I figured if you like the Hanneman, you'd LOVE these, they're like the ESP custom shop guitars on steroids...
:thu:

I'll without a doubt, keep it in my mind.

I would kill for that thing.

I'll shoot you a PM when I have all the money to let you know.

Thanks!

Can I have some specs on that guitar?
Pickups, strings (not THAT important). Tuners, bridge, nut, everything.

What about dot markers? are they on the side of the neck? or none at all?

• Members

Well, take this for what it is worth, not busting your balls.

First, Yngwie and Vai's tone are not ever close and we are talking hb to single coils.

Second the JEM is not "crushing" and it being basswood is not helping this chushing thing, sounds like you want a mahagony body type guitar without floyd.

Mine take on what you what.......................

Jackson with string through
ESP SC mahagony body
Custom guitar with your specs would be best imo.

• Members

I'll without a doubt, keep it in my mind.

I would kill for that thing.

I'll shoot you a PM when I have all the money to let you know.

Thanks!

Can I have some specs on that guitar?

Pickups, strings (not THAT important). Tuners, bridge, nut, everything.

What about dot markers? are they on the side of the neck? or none at all?

Yes there are side markers, Jumbo frets, Mahogany body, Wenge neck, Cocabola fretboard, Cocabola headstock overlay, 25.5" scale, EMG pick-ups but can install any pick-ups.

Basically this, base model starts at $1200, and any extras or exotic woods start raising the price....

• Members

I actually have a guitar that is very similiar to the haneman that I am selling. I bought it back when i was into shredding and while i still love the feel of the guitar i dont use the trem at all and its just a pain.

The guitar is a Charvel Model 5 (or 6, not sure)
Basically it is the haneman with out the binding or inlays. It has the khaler trem, and upgraded it with a khaler flip lock locking nut as well. For pick ups i took out the jackson/charvel pickups and put a 85 in the bridge and 60 in the neck. I dont have the old pick ups, sorry.

If you interested PM and ill take some pictures for you. It is a little beaten up but not bad at all. Nothing that effects playing at all. Comes with a hardshell case too. Im thinking like 300-350 somewhere in there.

erik