Looking fof a good shredder guitar...

MTDP8350

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

... and it being basswood is not helping this chushing thing, sounds like you want a mahagony body type guitar without floyd.

I don't see why a basswood bodied gitfiddle with a Floyd wouldn't be capable of crushing sounds... :confused: :confused:

Steve

• Members

ESP M-II, Jackson SL-1, 2 or 3, Ibanez JEM, S series Presitge or RG Prestige will all work fine. Basswood is good tone wood, not as bright as alder, not as dark as mahogany. Replace the stock pickups with something that fits the "brutal" sound which basically, powerful and tight(EMG 81 or 85, Duncan Custom, Distortion etc.) and you should be fine. Btw, Caparison is a great guitar, but they are somewhat expensive. Depends on how much you want to spend. For the money, Ibanez Prestige is hard to beat. Hope that helps.

• Members
Originally posted by CM1000

I think the guy from necrophagist uses bc rich, I wouldn't get one cuz I think they are ugly as hell. but some people love them..

I'm pretty sure Muhammad said the leads on Epitaph were done on a Jem with a PAF Pro in the neck.