Dumb question about joining a local band here.

riffy

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

Thanks guys...

It really ain't my thing but the guys are superb people... They are just a bit on the red side if you know what I mean;) But they are all as nice as can be...

I just find a steady diet of that kind of music just might kill my joy for playing... I am sure it would be fun for a while but when I do leave it will leave them in a hard spot as they are in the process of booking for the whole summer. A lot of butt rock parties down at the lake here that will pay much more. But it ain't about the money. It is about musical satisfaction for me... I know that sounds totally stupid but it is the truth.

I am most def gonna have to think on it as I don't know how they would like messing with a winning formula(my suggestions of songs).

Gary

I played in a band that I wasn't into just to be in a band and it sucked the life out of me.

• Members

Screw it! I am going for it... I talked to the guitar player a few minutes ago and he sent the singer that clip in his email and the singer said if I write stuff like that he will write lyrics and we will do those as originals thrown in as well... That is pretty cool... I am going for it and will do it till it becomes a chore...
The only problem is I already work 12 hours a day...lol

Gary

• Members

Riffy...

even a band that would seem to fit you PERFECTLY would have it's difficulties and challenges. It's the nature of the beast.

One of the great things about playing in a band is the the people in it. If you have "good" feeling and trust...that's 90% of the battle....no matter what kind of music you play.

I consider it a great challenge to play well each and every gig...gear sounds great, playignis good. It can be difficult sometimes. SO I don't buy that a player will be all THAT bored. There's always someting better to aspire to.

Don't worry about leaving them in a jam (pun!). I am sure they will appreciate your time with the band, and I ma sure you won't leave them hanging until they find another replacement.

• Members
Originally posted by STD

i thought it sounded cool....i guess im a buttrocker
:confused::(

I am biased too... I wrote it and played it so I like it too...lol

Guys, I am going for it... BTW, the guitar player in this band is the one who loaned me the Tele and JTM45... You don't find better people than these guys to be honest...

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Archived