October no gear thread

ElectricPuppy

• Members

For those who downloaded Ultra Analog: I am having trouble getting it running. I downloaded it from audiomidi.com but the file does not open... when I think about it there was never an option to select it for mac, which I have, so maybe that is the problem. I am going to call them tomorrow but I thought I would try here in case someone went through the same thing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
For those who downloaded Ultra Analog: I am having trouble getting it running. I downloaded it from audiomidi.com but the file does not open... when I think about it there was never an option to select it for mac, which I have, so maybe that is the problem. I am going to call them tomorrow but I thought I would try here in case someone went through the same thing.

There's definitely a Mac version:

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/ultraanalog/specifications/

check the minimum requirements here ^^^^.

I don't know anything about Macs though. :idk:

You should be able to click on the program and have it run for 15 days before you have to authorize it.

• Members

moogman:

I'll give you a run-down of what I did, but I don't know how much applies to Macs.

I made a folder 'Ultra Analog'. Downloaded the program to that folder and unzipped it to the same folder.

After I unzipped it, there's an UltraAnalog112.exe installer program to run by clicking on it. Follow the install directions. I installed to the same folder again.

The installer program ends you up with 6 files/folders - 'Bin', 'Bitmap', 'Database', 'license.txt', 'Manual.pdf', and 'Uninstall.exe'.

The only one you need to be concerned about at this point is the 'Bin' folder. When you click on that, you'll find several folders, but the one you want is 'UltraAnalog.exe'.

Click on that and the standalone program should open. You can run that for 15 days before you have to register it.

There'll also be a file that you can put into your plug-ins folder, if you're using it from within a DAW.

Hope a little of that applies to Macs (and helps some).

• Members

I still haven't pulled the plug on that VA-1. I know it's just 15 bucks, but if it's 15 bucks I won't use, then it's 15 lost bucks....

Can't let go of 15 bucks for a great sounding softsynth? And I thought I was cheap.

:lol:

Now I'm just messin' with you.

• Members

I'm coming up on 1 year of no new gear.

Hai Guyz!

Is this the Gearaholics Anonymous meeting?

OK, I'll go next.

The last time I bought gear was only two weeks ago. But that was only a small thing - a Dopefer Minicase. Barely over $100. That doesn't count, right? I mean, I've got these major GAS pains for some sort of hardware sampler. Maybe the new Korg MicroSampler, maybe a Nord Wave. Who knows. But I've been strong, and I'm fighting off those urges. It's difficult, ya know. Wow, kpatz, one whole year. How'd you do it? Is this a 12 step process?

• Members

moogman:

I'll give you a run-down of what I did, but I don't know how much applies to Macs.

I made a folder 'Ultra Analog'. Downloaded the program to that folder and unzipped it to the same folder.

After I unzipped it, there's an UltraAnalog112.exe installer program to run by clicking on it. Follow the install directions. I installed to the same folder again.

The installer program ends you up with 6 files/folders - 'Bin', 'Bitmap', 'Database', 'license.txt', 'Manual.pdf', and 'Uninstall.exe'.

The only one you need to be concerned about at this point is the 'Bin' folder. When you click on that, you'll find several folders, but the one you want is 'UltraAnalog.exe'.

Click on that and the standalone program should open. You can run that for 15 days before you have to register it.

There'll also be a file that you can put into your plug-ins folder, if you're using it from within a DAW.

Hope a little of that applies to Macs (and helps some).

Thanks for the help! ... it works differently on a Mac but the lovely people at audiomidi helped me out. I am loving this thing. Very organic sounding. Great for the price.

• Members

Thanks for the help! ... it works differently on a Mac but the lovely people at audiomidi helped me out. I am loving this thing. Very organic sounding. Great for the price.

Good to hear you got it going. Great sounds - one of the nicer sounding softies, IMO.

Archived