Mesa F-100 Vs. Nomad

thrash

• Members

The F-100 has fewer features, and will be easier to get a good sound from the start.

The Nomad 100 is far more versatile, as it has all the bells and whistles (3 channels, ability to run different output tubes, 5 band graphic eq, etc).

Overall, I like the F-100 for it's great sound and simplicity, and would probably say it's the better amp for most people. I prefer the Nomad 100, as all the extra features would be used, especially the 5 band graphic eq. (which makes all the difference on this model).

• Members

Clean is definitely better on the F-50, and for my money, I'll take the F-50's distortion, too. I think the Contour gives the scoop right where it's needed(when it's needed) and the simplicity makes it more attractive also. I have a DC-5(2 separate channels + graphic) and that's too much fiddling around for me. I love Mesa, but need to plug and play.

• Members
Originally posted by thrash

What is the difference tone wise cleans/gain, and also quality between these two heads?

Is the Nomad geared toward one style of music?

You really want a 100 watt Mesa? Even my Nomad 45 and my 20 watt Subway Rocket can be ear-bleedingly loud.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

You really want a 100 watt Mesa? Even my Nomad 45 and my 20 watt Subway Rocket can be ear-bleedingly loud.

I know, since I can drop the F-100 to 60 it's a bit better, still a bit overkill. I like using my own cabs as well. Plus theres just something about getting head, (a head).

Archived