Splawn Quick Rod vs. Shiva

bobbtoz

• Members

Another Splawn thread...

Looking for info on the Quick Rod so I figure that since I own a shiva comparisons to that amp will help me out. I don't have the option to test drive a QR so comparisons between these two would be great.

I'm sure the qr has more gain on tap, but I'm looking for info on the differences (or similarities) regarding harmonics, thick tone, bottom ect... I'm very interested in low volume comparisons between these two amps. The shiva sounds great at a low volume. At band practice I get to add a good dose of volume, but I spend alot of time playing at a low volume.

I've played the shiva against many amps and w/ a good od in the front its a hard amp to beat. You can't help but get caught up in the hype regarding the qr, so I'm close to pulling the trigger and ordering one.

If you've played the shiva than you know its a thick sounding amp that cuts through the mix like a knife. Most amps I've tried sound thin compared to the shiva.

Thanks Bob T.

• Members

Well...I don't know jack about the Shiva, but I can tell you that you won't have to worry about the QR sounding thin. It's not my favorite sounding amp on low volume, as it really sounds sweetest when you rest your balls on the volume controls. It's a great amp, it's loud as hell, and it has gain for days.

• Members

Originally posted by BeauNasty

as it really sounds sweetest when you rest your balls on the volume controls.

That's an interesting little known fact - Scott really should make that clearer on his site. Thankfully - Shreder was kind enough not to include this part in his video clips.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by EightmanVT

That's an interesting little known fact - Scott really should make that clearer on his site. Thankfully - Shreder was kind enough not to include this part in his video clips.

:D

yeah, that nut butter can make the knobs slippery.. better get the chickenhead/waterfountan knobs for a better grip

Archived