please boss me around

homemade

• Members

i started to get some good feedback on an earlier post, and then it fizzled, so i'm trying again.

I need to find a relatively cheap ($350-500 range) fairly lightweight (less than 100 pounds) good clean sounding amp, one that gets pretty loud, I have to keep up with a 51/50 and an excessively loud drummer, my band isn't metal, maybe post-hardcore, i'm looking to provide an interesting contrast to the "hardcore" 51/50 tone that the other guitar has. i would prefer tubes, but i'm open to suggestions.

• Members

Originally posted by Nerine

Yes..

It means you will have a combo instead of a head and cab:freak:

ok, maybe it doesn't seem like it from this post, but i'm not a total idiot, i know the difference between a combo and a head and cab, i was talking about suggestions for an amp, the other person was suggesting heads.

• Members

Originally posted by homemade

ok, maybe it doesn't seem like it from this post, but i'm not a total idiot, i know the difference between a combo and a head and cab, i was talking about suggestions for an amp, the other person was suggesting heads.

Ok chill out...Wasn't implying you were, just being sarcastic, which admittedly is the lowest form of wit....

Tried eBay????

Get something with valves, but always try and go to the top of your budget and then more!

Might be able to pick up a 5150 combo for that price, not really sure though, eq it differently to the other guitarist, sorted...

• Members

Originally posted by Nerine

Ok chill out...Wasn't implying you were, just being sarcastic, which admittedly is the lowest form of wit....

Tried eBay????

Get something with valves, but always try and go to the top of your budget and then more!

Might be able to pick up a 5150 combo for that price, not really sure though, eq it differently to the other guitarist, sorted...

sorry for the freak-out

i'm trying to get some info before i shop too hard. i have a connection with an independent music store that will hook me up when i know what i want. i've already asked them for input, but i'm just shopping for more info.

• Members

Originally posted by V-Type

Peavey Ultra combo's.Reverb,3 channels,pretty good clean channel, And real good Crunch and Ultra channels(5150,XXX sh). Can be had under $500 easy and are very loud/gig worthy.

Yeah I have played with one of those, and it's a great amp. Definitely agree about the nice crunch and ultra channels. Hey V-type, do the Ultras have speaker outs? cause that might be a good idea too.

• Members

Originally posted by joelbah

Yeah I have played with one of those, and it's a great amp. Definitely agree about the nice crunch and ultra channels. Hey V-type, do the Ultras have speaker outs? cause that might be a good idea too.

Yes there is two speaker outs on the Ultra along with a 4-8-16 ohm selector,ground lift switch,effects loop and a line out. I use mine with its internal 2x12 and another 4x12 together and the term Very f'n loud comes to mind. I jam with another guitarist with the 5150 and the Ultra compliments it very well + has a wider range of tones and has just as much gain as any amp out there..

Archived