So I just picked up Slayer's Reign in Blood...

Tone Monster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadistic? Stupid? I think they did a great job at describing the cruelty and disgust of the holocaust.

Enjoy,

Vid

Originally posted by Tone Monster

Auschwitz, The meaning of pain

The way that I want you to die

Slow death, immense decay

Showers that cleanse you of your life

Forced in

Like cattle

You run

Stripped of

Your life's worth

Human mice, for the Angel of Death

Four hundred thousand more to die

Angel of Death

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead

Sadistic, surgeon of demise

Sadist of the noblest blood

Destroying, Without mercy

To benefit the Aryan race

Surgery, with no anesthesia

Feel the knife pierce you intensely

Inferior, No use to mankind

Strapped down screaming out to die

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

Pumped with fluid, inside your brain

Pressure in your skull begins pushing through your eyes

Burning flesh, Drips away

Test of heat burns your skin, Your mind starts to boil

Frigid cold, Cracks your limbs

How long can you last

In this frozen water burial?

Sewn together, Joining heads

Just a matter of time

'Til you rip yourselves apart

Millions laid out in their

Crowded tombs

Sickening ways to achieve

The holocaust

Seas of blood, Bury life

Smell your death as it burns

Deep inside of you

Abacinate, eyes that bleed

Praying for the end of

Your wide awake nightmare

Wings of pain, Reach out for you

His face of death staring down,

Your blood running cold

Injecting cells, Dying eyes

Feeding on the screams of

The mutants he's creating

Pathetic harmless victims

Left to die

Rancid Angel of Death

Flying free

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

Angel of Death

Thats just mean, sadistic, and stupid:confused:

• Members

Forced in

Like cattle

You run

Stripped of

Your life's worth

Angel of Death

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

How long can you last

Just a matter of time

Crowded tombs

The holocaust

Seas of blood, Bury life

Deep inside of you

Praying for the end of

Your blood running cold

Left to die

Rancid Angel of Death

Flying free

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

Angel of Death

Yes that is the point of the song and the sound.

The song is about Auschwitz concentration camp and the bizarre horrible (scientific?) experiments Josef Mengle(the Angel of Death)used on its/his victims.You do have to read about it for it to make sense.

He would inject people with all sorts of things to see the reaction alot of time resulting in a slow painful death.He did alot of experiments on twins-such as sewing them together (ala' siamese twins) to study their behaviour that included the desperate need of the individuals to seperate from each other.

Gruesome but true no folk or pop singer was ever going to make songs about thier suffering espically with the same impact.

• Members

Calm down just a bit. I guess I think I should like it from internet peer pressure:D but I don't get it at all. I guess I'm looking for someone to make some valid points on what is good about it.

You're not alone. Every supposedly "classic" metal album that is hyped up around here has been a huge disappointment to me when I finally heard it.

Like people have said, I think you have to think of its relevance at the time it was released, but things are different now, so a lot of that stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Members

I think the guy who started this was just trolling but anywho....

I was never a big Slayer guy, I just didn't get it, I was huge into Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax, but I just didn't get Slayer.

Well, after some time, Diabolous in Musica era, my brother and I went to see a Slayer show.

I got it then, been hooked since.

Although I love all their studio albums, there is something that doesn't come through speakers that does when you see them live.

• Members

Its just flat out terrible. The "vocals" suck, as do the lyrics. So okay guitar parts I guess. The drummer seems pretty good, but I don't think I can listen to it again.

I like metal but not this. Is there something wrong with me?

You have failed at life.

• Members
Originally posted by The Realm

The song is about Auschwitz concentration camp and the bizarre horrible (scientific?) experiments Josef Mengle(the Angel of Death)used on its/his victims.You do have to read about it for it to make sense.

He would inject people with all sorts of things to see the reaction alot of time resulting in a slow painful death.He did alot of experiments on twins-such as sewing them together (ala' siamese twins) to study their behaviour that included the desperate need of the individuals from seperate each other.

Gruesome but true no folk or pop singer was ever going to make songs about thier suffering espically with the same impact.

wow, someone who knows! :thu:

• Members

I'm pretty sure we're in the minority here, but I think most of what you said is true. Earlier Slayer albums aren't my thing.Each album has at least one or two good songs on it, but I prefer more melody/vocal dynamics. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you Krank your stereo up to 11 and put on the.." Diabolus In Musica"album. Diabolus has the "groove" I'm looking for, as far as metal goes.It's my favorite.Probably cause KK was left out of the writing process and only blasted solos. To this day its the only Slayer album I can sit through without gettin bored and wonderin if the cd has already started over, because it all becomes a blurr.Sadly they've never made another album like Diabolus. Instead they've chosen to rehash and remix their old songs and slap a new name on them... Yeah..yeah...yeah we know already,;steady fast beat with double bass pedal; blazin the E chord; Ra-Ra-Ra cookie monster vox; and whammy squeeled solo.....Rinse and Repeat. :bor:

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

don't forget Creeping Death..."Die by my hand! I creep across the land, killing first born man!"

Fot that matter, every song from from Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets pretty much has something to do with death or dying.

After all, their first album is titled 'KILL EM ALL'!!

If taken too seriously one might be inclined to KILL!!!!! Oh, dear!! ;)

Take care,

Vid

• Members

Forced in

Like cattle

You run

Stripped of

Your life's worth

Angel of Death

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

How long can you last

Just a matter of time

Crowded tombs

The holocaust

Seas of blood, Bury life

Deep inside of you

Praying for the end of

Your blood running cold

Left to die

Rancid Angel of Death

Flying free

Angel of Death

Infamous butcher

Angel of Death

Angel of Death Those lyrics were inspired by the sadistic nazi Dr.josef mengele......AKA the angel of death,he basically used the people that were at auschwitz to do all those abbominable acts......like guinea pigs.....

:cry: :cry:

• Members

Again WOW! I can appreciate others opinions, but for me this is the totally opposite!

Diabolus is my 2nd least favorite album by Slayer, with Divine Intervention being the WORST Slayer album!! I loved Slayer for the fact that they lacked the groove! It was all about the speed and heavy riffs! PURE ADRENALINE!

Oh, by the way... Slayer is not even close to being cookie monster vocals!

Take care,

Vid

Originally posted by azure and drkz

I'm pretty sure we're in the minority here, but I think most of what you said is true. Earlier Slayer albums aren't my thing.Each album has at least one or two good songs on it, but I prefer more melody/vocal dynamics. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you Krank your stereo up to 11 and put on the.." Diabolus In Musica"album. Diabolus has the "groove" I'm looking for, as far as metal goes.It's my favorite.Probably cause KK was left out of the writing process and only blasted solos. To this day its the only Slayer album I can sit through without gettin bored and wonderin if the cd has already started over, because it all becomes a blurr.Sadly they've never made another album like Diabolus. Instead they've chosen to rehash and remix their old songs and slap a new name on them... Yeah..yeah...yeah we know already,;steady fast beat with double bass pedal; blazin the E chord; Ra-Ra-Ra cookie monster vox; and whammy squeeled solo.....Rinse and Repeat.
:bor:

• Members
Originally posted by vidnotlaw

Fot that matter, every song from from Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets pretty much has something to do with death or dying.

After all, their first album is titled 'KILL EM ALL'!!

If taken too seriously one might be inclined to KILL!!!!! Oh, dear!!
;)

Take care,

Vid

yes you have a good point :D Creeping Death is just what shot into my mind when i read the post LOL

I'm pretty sure we're in the minority here, but I think most of what you said is true. Earlier Slayer albums aren't my thing.Each album has at least one or two good songs on it, but I prefer more melody/vocal dynamics. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you Krank your stereo up to 11 and put on the.." Diabolus In Musica"album. Diabolus has the "groove" I'm looking for, as far as metal goes.It's my favorite.Probably cause KK was left out of the writing process and only blasted solos. To this day its the only Slayer album I can sit through without gettin bored and wonderin if the cd has already started over, because it all becomes a blurr.Sadly they've never made another album like Diabolus. Instead they've chosen to rehash and remix their old songs and slap a new name on them... Yeah..yeah...yeah we know already,;steady fast beat with double bass pedal; blazin the E chord; Ra-Ra-Ra cookie monster vox; and whammy squeeled solo.....Rinse and Repeat.

Diabolus was a departure for them...but it, IMO was the most BORING Slayer album. it was slower, more "groovy", and just wasnt as inspired sounding as the other albums. the songs were less complex (a nod to Hanneman's punk days!) and i dunno...it was a good album, just not Slayer.
to each his own though :) i personally like the death, destruction, and satanism of the classic Slayer :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by The Realm

He would inject people with all sorts of things to see the reaction alot of time resulting in a slow painful death.He did alot of experiments on twins-such as sewing them together (ala' siamese twins) to study their behaviour that included the desperate need of the individuals to seperate from each other.

Spot on, alot of his reasearch is still begrudgingly used by governments today because you just can't simulate some of the stuff he was sick enough to do.

Classic album, but like all slayer in my experience it tends to split groups down the middle.

Archived