Problem: Groundloop Hum - ISP Decimator ProRackG

Oblivion DC

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

It's not the grounding issue -- more so, it seems to be coloring or altering his tone when he does palm muting on lower register chords.

Does the MESA have a parallel loop? My "tone problem" originated from my home amp's parallel loop. The ProRackG needs a series loop.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what BerkleeBill described, I don't think he's using an effects loop.

I've never seen this problem but it might have something to do with how hes got the filter tracking set or the threshold on channel 1 or channel 2, or both might be too high. I can only give guesses here but it's someplace to start at least.

Is there any more information you can give us Bill? Is he using an effects loop? Does the ADA MP-1 preamp even have an effects loop?

More info please.
:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Anybody in here have a knowledge-source that he could e-mail and explain the situation -- in hopes of sorting it out??

Thanks in advance,

-B[2]

Give the guys at ISP a call and see what they can do for him. Let us know what happens.

Buck Waller was recommended to me. The number at ISP 248-673-7790

Good luck.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by noirjp

which end is the shield on? I know I have to cut part of the cable. Having the same ground loop problem with my Engl SE

It's on both ends (of a TRS->TRS cable), but only cut on one end. Just look for the portion of the connector that's attached to the sheathing surrounding the wire.

• Members

I spoke with Buck from ISP for a good while today. We wen't through everything. I had the ProRackG in a rack with my Engl head sitting directly on top of the rack. That's what caused the incredible hum. Magnetic field issue. Once I moved the two apart and reset everything the ISP did everything it's supposed to. The rack is awesome. It cleaned up the head incredibly well. I had no tone degradation and there absolutely no hum or noise coming through when I'm not playing.

• Members

No problem with Engl's. Engl's are super hot rodded, and have I'd say about the same noise issue a 6505+ has. You absolutely have to run a noise suppression device with the lead channel in these high gain heads. The ISP pedal works great, and I've only heard that it is the best pedal on the market. Having used both, IMO the rack is a far superior product for my application. No noise, no feedback, no hum, notes last forever and don't get chopped off, it automatically adjusts between channels. For me, it's worth the extra money.

Archived