Help me decide my birthday present! CME UF80 vs Yamaha KX8

Kentrel

• Members

Help me decide. CME UF80 vs Yamaha KX8. They're both in my price range. I can't go higher.

I might be able to get the Yamaha KX8 at a slightly cheaper price than the CME. The fact that its cheaper has made me a little suspicious since Yamaha is obviously the better brand and everyone review I've read says it has better action, but one review mentioned it was graded action... Whats that all about? I live in an area that doesn't have shops that stock these so I can't test them before hand. I can only buy online.

Its my birthday tomorrow, and I'm feeling a little down today due to a family issue, so I'd really like to make my mind up tonight and order it tomorrow. I don't feel like researching for several weeks or waiting for a second hand digital pianodecent controller to be advertised locally. I think these two look good for my purposes, but I can't decide between them.

• Members

.. Yamaha is obviously the better brand and everyone review I've read says it has better action, but one review mentioned it was graded action... Whats that all about? I live in an area that doesn't have shops that stock these so I can't test them before hand. I can only buy online.

Its my birthday tomorrow, and I'm feeling a little down today due to a family issue, so I'd really like to make my mind up tonight and order it tomorrow. I don't feel like researching for several weeks or waiting for a second hand digital pianodecent controller to be advertised locally. I think these two look good for my purposes, but I can't decide between them.

"Graded action" means the keys on the bass side are heaver then those on the right. This simulates the larger hammers on a piano's bass strings.

If you can try a ypg635 or a P-85 it's the same keys as thr KX.

The KX uses Yamaha's lower end hammer action keys. They are a little on the light side but you may like it unless the goal is an exact simulation of a grand piano. In the yamaha line the next step up i found in $1,200 (and up) digital pianos.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I wanted a Studiologic, but couldn't find one close to the price of the others.

I went with the Yamaha. Woohoo! It was out of stock, lol. It'll arrive next week. It doesn't have aftertouch, but you can't have everything. I guess the build quality of a Yamaha is more important for its resale value when I decide to trade it in a few years down the line, so I think I made the right decision. I doubt those CME's will be worth as much secondhand.

Archived