OT:Summer almost here...how to keep my apt cool without A/C?

fuzzbox

• Members

It's already getting kinda warm and my apartment gets oven baked immediately. No a/c and the fans dont help all that much. Even before I get to leave in the morning for work I'm already boiling and when I get home it's a friggin sauna here no matter if all windows are open...no breeze at all. It just makes it so hard to concentrate on writing and recording. Are there any nifty little devices that can help cool down my pad?

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzbox

only have big sliding glass door:cry:

Thats really sucks. I vowed to never move to an apt without central AC again :D

Maybe that portable thingy above is a good option. I have never seen those before, as normally AC needs a blower which spits out some HOT air...

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Thats really sucks. I vowed to never move to an apt without central AC again
:D

Maybe that portable thingy above is a good option. I have never seen those before, as normally AC needs a blower which spits out some HOT air...

yeah, thats a problem as i have no where to let it out easily...plus $400:eek:

• Members

I dunno. Move? :D I am a cold person, so I dont take heat well, so AC is always a priority.

Hell, I got the windows open here tonight, and its probably like 73 in here or something. Got a fan on, but itching at the AC, lol. Generally have it on by like Feb, lol.

• Members

Well, according to all those beer commercials anytime you crack open a can of beer a Winter Wonderland appears out of nowhere right in the middle of Summer. And of course a bunch of Hot Swedish chicks wearing Bikini's show up, even though there's snow and ice everywhere.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

Heavy, light colored sheets over the window and fans on all the time. Just get whichever room you chill out in most during summer as dark as you possibly can.

dont wanna sound like I'm complaining here but I also hate a dark dungeon pad...I like light in here, just not the heat. Plus my birds will think its nap time 24/7 and that will {censored} up their life rhythm completely:D

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

Well, according to all those beer commercials anytime you crack open a can of beer a Winter Wonderland appears out of nowhere right in the middle of Summer. And of course a bunch of Hot Swedish chicks wearing Bikini's show up, even though there's snow and ice everywhere.

classic...wonder in a bottle...but somehow they managed to {censored} up the beer:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzbox

dont wanna sound like I'm complaining here but I also hate a dark dungeon pad...I like light in here, just not the heat. Plus my birds will think its nap time 24/7 and that will {censored} up their life rhythm completely:D

I understand. I own a bird as well. :thu:

Archived