so this is a list of amps i am planning to get over the summer.

flaming turd

• Members

am i out of my mind? it is for a studio i hope to build. will i be duplicationg myself too much? i plan to also rent these out for studio use. also, how accurate are the prices?

1. bogner uberschall $2200

1. bogner uberkab $700

2. splawn quick rod $1450

2. splawn 4x12 $600

3. deliverance 120 $2000

3. deliverance cab $700

4. voodoo triple rec $1200

4. road king 412 $0000

5. mesa blackface $0000

5. mesa over 4x12 $650

6. h&k triamp MKII $0000

6. h&k cc412 $1200

7. bad cat 412 $600

7. bad cat 100 $2000

8. vetta II $1200

8. vetta cab $600

9. jcm 800 $1200

9. 1960 cab $500

10. mesa MKIV $1200

11. engl savage 120 $1500

12. vox ac30 $1000

13. twin reverb $1000

14. marshall jmp $1200

• Members

Originally posted by El-Lardo

No Voxes/Fenders?

Only one Marshall?

good point, i guess. i'm more of a high-gain guy, but i want to have something for everyone. like what? a superlead? twin reverb? what kind of vox? i don't know much about low-gain amps.

• Members

You definitely have alot of the high gain areas covered. I'd try to throw in some good amps in the midgain to clean range. Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, Orange AD30, Marshall JMP. Also, maybe a 5150/6505.

If it's for a studio you want to cover as much tonal range as possible. A good clean, a couple good medium gainers and the high gainers you have listed would do great.

But if you'd be doing backline rentals, you may want full halfstacks for everything.

Definitely give some thought to your cleans and mediums. $21,000 of high gain is cool, but you need some variety in the studio.

I only say this because I'm in the middle of something similar. I have:

2 Channel Dual Rec
1976 JMP MkII 100w
Sovtek Mig50
Marshall JCM900 1960A
Sunn 4x12L w/v30's

I'm going to be adding an AC30CC2 to the list and maybe a Twin. Eventually I'll add an Orange and an Engl to the collection, but they're pretty far off.

My thoughts are you need good distortion flavors. Clean is clean. Get a blackface twin and just forget it. That's what everyone compares it to anyway. Distortion is quite subjective. If you have a good mix of gains you can combine them and get unique tones. Don't want everyband coming out of your studio to have the exact same guitar tone, do you?

Tim

• Members
Originally posted by Timmylikesthing

My thoughts are you need good distortion flavors. Clean is clean. Get a blackface twin and just forget it. That's what everyone compares it to anyway. Distortion is quite subjective. If you have a good mix of gains you can combine them and get unique tones. Don't want everyband coming out of your studio to have the exact same guitar tone, do you?

Tim

of course not. don't think i'll have that problem.

i think i want all half stacks. at least right now. i should focus more on some mid-gain stuff, i think.

yeah, not sure about the dual/triple/tremoverb. that part is mostly just a wish list. :)

• Members
Originally posted by flaming turd

i really like it. been wanting to make a full back...peice, instead of the 3/4 back.

Really? I think the amp has plenty of bass thump with the 3/4 back.

I am going to order some sort of metal grating to put over the opening to keep stuff from getting inside the cab though :D.

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

Really? I think the amp has plenty of bass thump with the 3/4 back.

I am doing to order some sort of metal grating to keep stuff from getting inside the cab through
:D

well, it does, i think it just comes more with wanting to see what it would sound like.:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Slaytallica

Nice selection. What drum kits are you planning to get and what format will you be recording from?

don't know about the drums. probably start with pearl exports or something.

as far as format, some sort of pro tools.

• Members

personally i'd probably weed out some of the high gain selection and try to have a bit more variety

you could also save some cash trying to pick up a few 2x12 cabs rather than all 4x12's

btw, for drums...i'd reccomend looking into the gretsch catalina kits, probably the best bang for buck (for a GOOD drum kit) around these days

o, and btw...HOLY {censored} THAT'S A LOT OF GEAR :freak:

• Members

I'm not sure what your plans are here...are you looking to build a studio or rent gear to bands for live use/recording use? If so....

personally i'd probably weed out some of the high gain selection and try to have a bit more variety

+1 to that! (unless you are limiting yourself to just high-gain acts)..

I would think you need some small recording amps too. i.e. 15-20 watt Fender/Vox 'ish combos as desired by a number of potential clients....

Archived