OT: I am Thankful...

ClavAnother

• Members

I am thankful everyone in my family and myself are healthy, for a roof over my head, able to pay my bills, have food on the table and beer in the fridge.

I am thankful for the people on forums like this who entertain as well as provide helpful information to myself and others.

I won't be eating turkey but all the yummy goodies like mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cheesey cauiflower, corn, sweet potato and pumpkin pie.:love:

• Members

I am thankful for happy home and an excellent wife to share it with, good job, and the many opportunities the Lord blesses me with.

Now to see if the Lord's good humor is in many favor today... in many Thanksgivings past I have played for my dinner, usually at fine restaurants or country clubs. Since moving to Atlanta I have as of yet to establish a relationship with an upscale eatery with a piano so I am taking the Mrs. to an excellent Thanksgiving buffet at a jazz club with CD's and business cards in hand. I am thankful that such little things as taking the wife to dinner can turn into business relationships that sometimes last for years, and the wife doesn't mind either. :)

• Members

aside from all the family yadda yaddas i'm thankful for and somewhere in between the rat race and all the people i've lost touch with that think a thumbs up on facebook is quality time, i'm thankful for you guys.

i think in many ways today, it's so easy to get caught up in your own personal idealism that you forget how to relate to other people as human beings. and somewhere in between being part of the modern two working parent family and being a student, it's really nice to come to a place where that isn't true.

you guys should really be proud of yourselves and what you have here. i know at least for me, the last year would have been much harder if this place wasn't around.

• Members

No thanksgiving over in blighty, though i saw my massage lady earlier, then went to the german christkindelmarket and ate super spicy sausages, so quite a nice day so far.

Also effing freezing.

i always though you had a holiday on thaksgiving too...

because you were glad we left..

:badump:

tis ok , we'll yank a cracker with ya next month :wave:

• Members

I am thankful for happy home and an excellent wife to share it with, good job, and the many opportunities the Lord blesses me with.

Now to see if the Lord's good humor is in many favor today ... I am taking the Mrs. to an excellent Thanksgiving buffet at a jazz club with CD's and business cards in hand. I am thankful that such little things as taking the wife to dinner can turn into business relationships that sometimes last for years, and the wife doesn't mind either.
:)

The Mrs. shouldn't care. She gets a good meal out of it either way!

Best wishes in landing that gig!

• Members

Well this one is in Leeds, England - if there is a loose connection with Germany it is that Leeds is twinned with Dortmund.

It is an actual german market though run by actual germans, and that hot mulled wine is rather excellent. Possibly even better than hot saki on a cold winter day
:thu:

Those crazy Germans .... sounds like they're "franchising" eh? I'm with you on the gluhwein vs sake question. The taste of sake is a little too "straight alcohol" for me.

England is the one place I didn't get a chance to see (unless you count a plane change at Heathrow...). Maybe one of these days.....

Archived