Its Here! Its Here! My Rhoads Is Here!

soc_monki

• Members

Originally posted by soc_monki

duh...thats why i have a 5150 FOR THE SLUTBANGING METAL DUDE!!!!

that little amp is for my less worthy guitars, like my PRS and Music Man...don't you know that?

CRANK THE GAIN TO TEN AND RIP THE KNOB OFF CUZ THATS HOW RIP GLITTER DOES IT BITCH!

THAT'S THE SPIRIT DUDE!!!11! The Randy Rhoads SIGNATURE V is NOT FOR THE WEAK!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by V-Type

Jackson Rhoads in any form are Metal without a doubt. Nice score. The DD's are decent for a while but some EMG's or Good passives bring the best results. Is that a MIJ Jackson?

I put in an X2N into my RR3 and it shreds.

• Members

Originally posted by Elric

THAT'S THE SPIRIT DUDE!!!11! The Randy Rhoads SIGNATURE V is NOT FOR THE WEAK!!

yea...STAB THE PERSON WHO DEFIES YOU AND SAYS THAT SLUTBANGING METAL ISNT THE ONLY MUSIC WORTH LISTENING TO! AFTER YOU GET BLOOD ON THE GUITAR, IT JUST MAKES IT THAT MUCH MORE METAL!!!

• Members

Hey, congrats on the new V bro. It looks great.

I wanted a RRV for years, but couldn`t find a fixed bridge version that was cheap enough. I ended up buying one of the JS series guitars last year. Fixed bridge with 24 fret neck. Sweet. I bought a used set of pups(JB/`59) from a fellow forumite and it rocks pretty good now.

Here`s mine....

100_0211.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by SeraphSlaughter

i still have my duncan designeds in my rhoads...they actually sound really good to me o_O.

I might switch it once i get my custom V which has the JB/Jazz set if those smoke it though.

these copy Invaders actually sound good...ill have to give them a whirl through the 5150 and see whats up :) LOL

tuned to B this is one HEAVY sounding axe! i like it!

and my buddy has an DX10 that has the Duncan Designed in it...based on the Distortion i believe...and theyre killer i think.

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Hey, congrats on the new V bro. It looks great.

I wanted a RRV for years, but couldn`t find a fixed bridge version that was cheap enough. I ended up buying one of the JS series guitars last year. Fixed bridge with 24 fret neck. Sweet. I bought a used set of pups(JB/`59) from a fellow forumite and it rocks pretty good now.

Here`s mine....

100_0211.jpg

awesome! i wanted a 24 fret model...but they didnt make one with a Floyd, which i really wanted as well LOL so im gonna deal with 22 frets once again...but thats ok, because this is a totally sweet guitar!

the JS is sweet too...i probably woulda checked one out, if not for the fixed bridge only option :( LOL i was going to get an RX10, but i saw this RR3 for the same price (closeout!) and snapped it up!

• Members
Originally posted by yabba

weird that the duncan designed version of the invader is trebley
:confused:

(I've always found the 'real' version to be pure mud)

sweet guitar man! I love me a rhoads!
:thu:

yea...a tad bit trebly...theyre copies...not full on reproductions...i mean, the "Distortion" based pickups in my buddy's jackson dont sound like the Distortion in my Music Man...theyre more open and loose...but still nice.

• Members

Easy now - I have the Jackson warrior with the same hardware as that V - the DD pups are killer and have lasted a few years but now the black oxide coating is wearindg off. I'm gonna take it to a tech to get a Dimebucker and a Seymour duncan 59 humbucker and coil tap those bad boys!

Just starting to get loads of gigs with my band so I need to hot rod it - These Jacksons rule. Check out the link below to hear our demo (recorded with the DD pups still in)

• Members
Originally posted by DoubleBarrel

Sweet axe dude. I love all of my Rhoads

m5344403-8553.jpg

dude...you have quite a collection :) that one on the left...i know all your Jackson's are pre-fender...how old is the white one?? and the middle one...id love to have a polka dot one :D very nice man!

Easy now - I have the Jackson warrior with the same hardware as that V - the DD pups are killer and have lasted a few years but now the black oxide coating is wearindg off. I'm gonna take it to a tech to get a Dimebucker and a Seymour duncan 59 humbucker and coil tap those bad boys! Just starting to get loads of gigs with my band so I need to hot rod it - These Jacksons rule. Check out the link below to hear our demo (recorded with the DD pups still in)

check out my clip in Ronnie Pentatonic's Metal Drum Jam to see what my Rhoads sounds like...my patches were set up with my Music Man and my friends Jackson...still need some tweaking with this guitar, but i think the track came out sounding pretty nice :thu:

• Members

actually, the guitar that I had my invader mud experience with was a rhoads (an XTRR; scaled down body sized, no pickgaurd (rear-routed control cavity, reverse headstock, some came with oiled necks (mine was painted though)))

METAL.jpg

I liked it MUCH better with the dual 81s (at 18V) that were in it in that pic :love:

I miss that one :(

• Members
Originally posted by DoubleBarrel

Sweet axe dude. I love all of my Rhoads

m5344403-8553.jpg

As Ive said before. My most favored 4 guitars are owned by this man. Just looking at those babys you can almost see Rhoads cant you. Great collection DB.

Archived