NORD Electro 2 73 / Stage 76 Keybed the same??

ClavAnother

• Members

It's short; he said it got run over by a car, but I don't really believe it, because somewhere I just saw a photo of a box of leftovers.

Anyway, I flippin LOVE the BLACK

Indeed, the reason the "canine erection" as a band name query came up (no pun) was based on the color of a factory Clavia product.

And yes, I am a red hater, I have always been a red hater, and I think it is retarded that so many new synths are red today - like they are all jumping on the red bandwagon and soon red will be the new black that everybody has been bitching about for the last ten years.

wtf is wrong with a black synth, I ask?

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I took my NE2-73 apart today to check it out.

A high F key will not work on the bottom for the low E key because the parts on the bottom of the key that mate to the keybed don't line up: they're shifted to one side. A bottom E key from Fatar (if they make one) would be best; an E key would be second best, and a B would probably fit well enough.

Keys from a Stage 76 or 88 won't work unmodified, because they're longer. (The black keys are longer as well.) Also, it's a completely different action, with flyweights. I doubt they'd mate, but it'd be worth trying if someone had both keyboards and wanted to take the effort to take them apart and try swapping keys. If they do mate, you could chop off the end of the key. You'd need more skills than I have to make it look pretty.

I'm going to stick with a key made for this keybed (Fatar TP/8O).

The biggest problem is that I'll also need to fabricate a keystop, which Clavia seems to have chopped off the Fatar 76-key bed so that their cheek blocks would fit.

Also, the top two keys work just fine on my keyboard, so I could extend it to be an NE2-76. When playing in G it is nice to have those top keys. But the low E is my prime target.

I'll post pics when I've finished the job. Meanwhile, figuring out where to get parts. I've sent email to Nord's US distributor. I may need to talk to the local distributor here.

Stay tuned.

Archived