OT: Paypal

HurdyGurdyMan

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Just don't keep money on there, and don't go using it willy nilly, for random things off of random people on the internet.

Yeah, I think I'll only put money into it right before I make a purchase, and no more than the amount I need.

• Members

I have had nothing but bad experiences dealing with paypal. If someone screws you over you get to explain to someone at the call center in India what happened and then they will do absolutley nothing. If you use it for any major purchases make sure you buy their extra insurance; otherwise they don't care.

• Members

Originally posted by HurdyGurdyMan

Yeah, I think I'll only put money into it right before I make a purchase, and no more than the amount I need.

You don't even have to bother with that. You have to link it to a credit card, anyways, so you can do that, or a bank account.

• Members

I've been using PayPal for several years for my book business, and I haven't had any trouble with it.

I think it's like anything else--in the hands of honest, legitimate people, it's as safe as can be...but in the hands of a crook, it's as dangerous as can be.

Stick with reputable people (Ebay feedback is an absolute must!), and you shouldn't have any trouble.

And, unless I'm mistaken, you can now PAY through paypal without even registering...they will broker your credit card transation for you, so that you can pay people who ARE registered paypal users.

Archived