Fender Super Sonic gig report!

Celestion101

• Members

I gigged Fri and Sat night with my new Super Sonic (blonde head on blonde 2x12) and it frickin ruled!!!! To keep things easy, I used the Vibrolux channel with my pedalboard and was in heaven. Volume, bass, and treble knobs, and that's it! It was perfect! The burn channel is also fantastic and I plan on using it in the future once I've sat with the amp and dialed it in. I literally picked it up from the factory in Corona at 4pm and drove straight to the gig. The head and tilt back cab makes for perfect stage monitoring. I should also mention that this is a loud SOB! With the volume at 9 o'clock I was pleny loud and this was a big stage (1500 person venue packed. Of course we were mic'd). Anyway, I just thought I'd share the experience and let you know that this is a keeper!!!!!!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Mine is on ebay but I'm getting closer and closer to pulling it.

I posted a clip last night of some high gain stuff but everyone hated it (in here.....EG forum dug it) and the scooped mids.....
:cry:

Got a link?

Chris

• Members

I don't think it handles metal well at all.

However, this amp kicks some serious ass. It cuts very well, and I would definetly buy one if I had the cash. It sounds Vibrolux sounds very similar to the real thing, but I still prefer the Bassman cleans.

• Members

I don't think Fender was attempting to build the ultimate "metal" amp, but instead an amp that delivers great Fender cleans with a solid and versatile gain channel. If you are "all metal all the time" , than no it's likely not the amp for you. If you play in a cover band and need a variety of tones inluding the occasional heavy vibe, than it will do the job very very well. It will do the 80's tones and even heavier which is more than heavy enough for my needs. Actually, with a clean boost or an overdrive pushing the front end, it will do metal no sweat. I personally think it rocks!:cool:

Archived