OT: bluetooth earpiece..which one?

tweed

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman3001

lmao @ anyone who wears one of those things.

Whatever, man. I needed one when I was in a management position because I was on the phone the whole day. They're super nice for in the car, too - You just tap the side of it and speak the name of the person you're calling.

LMAO@ Luddites that can't work simple electronics and are afraid of change.

As for the original poster, the Motorola earpieces have never done me wrong. They're great.

• Members

When I got my black razor the other day, the girl a cingular gave me afree H500. It works well. But I do feel like a tool when I wear it.

Its excellent for the car though. But pretty worthless to me when Im not in the car, because usually when the phone rings, I want to see the caller ID...

• Members

What is it exactly....just a wireless mouth/earpiece??

In the car I have an ear-thing already....it just has a cord that plugs into the phone.

I don't understand what is so revolutionary about these things.

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

When I got my black razor the other day, the girl a cingular gave me afree H500. It works well. But I do feel like a tool when I wear it.

Its excellent for the car though. But pretty worthless to me when Im not in the car, because usually when the phone rings, I want to see the caller ID...

I kept mine in that side pouch that comes with the earpiece. I used it whenever I used the phone, usually, though, since I had to have both hands free to shuffle paperwork and write at the same time.

• Members

Originally posted by CatsGoMoo

I kept mine in that side pouch that comes with the earpiece. I used it whenever I used the phone, usually, though, since I had to have both hands free to shuffle paperwork and write at the same time.

Werd. Its very useful for stuff like that. I just feel like a dork when I wear it. :D

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

In the car I have an ear-thing already....it just has a cord that plugs into the phone.

I always accidentally yank mine out of my phone when I'm using the corded one. Either I'll turn real fast and it'll come out, or it'll just fall out because they're crappy earbuds.

These are nice because they have a thing that loops over the top of your ear. They stay put. Plus they're wireless, so you don't get caught on anything. Also, a lot of times I'd leave my phone charging in a drawer of my office, and as long as I'm actually nearby, like at my desk or something, I could just use the headpiece for all my calls.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

its the exact same thing only wireless.

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

Werd. Its very useful for stuff like that. I just feel like a dork when I wear it.
:D

Yeah, but the thing is, nobody cares. Nobody's gonna be staring at you except Guitarman3001. He's a winner.

• Members

For someone like me, they are actually pretty useful.

I run around 5000 minutes per month on my cell (it is my business phone).

Many municipalities only allow hands free in the car and you never know when you are going from one to another, so it is best to just be hands free all the time.

Additionally, just pressing a button and talking lets me keep working... or surfing HC (when not driving, of course) while I am on the phone with someone. If I didn't have this, my 10-12 hour days could easily turn into 16's...bleh.

I switched because I was almost forced to. I used to have the regular wire headsets that plug into your phone. However, my provider told me they would not honor the warranty any more because I was turning them in at the rate of 1 per month. I travel A LOT and I guess constantly folding them up and sticking them in my pocket or briefcase wears the wire out real fast... then I would get crappy/fuzzy reception.

Anyway, I have become pretty attached to mine... pretty useful little gizmo.

• Members

I'm sure they are pretty handy and useful, and I do see quite a few of them here in downtown Chicago....but everyone I work with agrees, when you wear one.....you look like a complete tool.

I'm just sayin'

:wave:

• Members

Ironically my Dad just came into my office and told me to walk outside to his new Jag... he's got bluetooth in it and has his razor sync'd up to it. Its pretty cool. You can see who's calling from the screen on the dash and the answer button is on the steering wheel. Pimpin'. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by CatsGoMoo

Yeah, but the thing is, nobody cares. Nobody's gonna be staring at you except Guitarman3001. He's a winner.

LOL What makes me luagh is when Im in the grocery store (or insert public venue here) and Im thinking to myself, "why is this guy talking to himself?" :D

Archived