beam blockers

Negative K3 fan

• Members

at another dutch forum where im a regular, the beam blockers are becoming somehwat of a hype, a couple of people bought them and are really positive about the results. I havent heard anyone hear talk about them?

the only thing is that theyre very expencive (22 euro's a piece, thats 88 for my entire cab, which translates to 100 dollars).

• Members

Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

but duct tape is flat and beam blockers are round, i assume they spread the sound and not only block it?

im gonne mess around with some duct tape then.

on the GRILL not the cones

(just in case)

• Members
Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

but duct tape is flat and beam blockers are round, i assume they spread the sound and not only block it?

they're also paper, i'd expect them to absorb more than they dissapate... in six months we'll have major arguments about the different benefits of various materials as beam blockers, some swearing brass sounds better, others opting for plastic...

• Members

why not just make some yourself out of paper mache! LMAO!!

i mean...think about it. if those Beam Blockers are made out of paper, then get a baloon, blow it up, and cover the bottom with paper mache. then you can trim it, paint it black (or whatever color) install them or whatever, and see if they actually make a difference.

what the hell are these Beam Blockers for anyways...to cut down on treble or something? spread the sound?

• Members

Originally posted by soc_monki

what the hell are these Beam Blockers for anyways...to cut down on treble or something? spread the sound?

its against the spreading of closed back cabs, you know when the sound get really harsh with you head in front of the speakers where as the tone on the sides of the cab is completely different. De blocker is supposed to kill the extreme treble beam in front of the speaker and spread high frequencies more evenly through the space available.

• Members

I've found that the highs in my 1x12 cab (with V30) tend to shoot straight out. The problem for me is that I have to sit on the floor (or raise the amp up) in order for my tone to not be muddy. Would the beam blocker help me out? I use a Gilmore Jr. with it that is already a dark sounding amp. Since I place the Gilmore Jr on top of the cab, I really can't tilt the amp back. So should I put in a Beam Blocker?

• Members

Does anyone know if beam blockers can only be used with rear-loaded cabs? My VHT 2x12 fatbottoms are front-loaded, and from looking at pics of the beam blocker design it doesn't look like they're gonna work. I'm using some duct tape on the back of the removable grille in the center spots but I'm not crazy about the the sound.

• Members
Originally posted by cap'n'crunch

Some of us don't play on "stages". Some of us play in a corner of a little redneck bar standing 3 or 4 ft from our amps.
:D

I've played them too. Regardless,I always have my speaker(s) point to where the sound is needed.

Archived